Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: a big thank you Mr. Sewell  (Read 14168 times)

scottb

• View Profile
a big thank you Mr. Sewell
« on: September 02, 2017, 08:56:54 am »
I have to give a big Thank you to Charlie for providing assistance to me yesterday. I went over there to get a new distributor for my car. When I left I was heading back to this side of the lake when the Expedition broke down. I had a tie rod end fall out the sleeve. I am not sure why the threads stripped, but there I was stuck with no steering. A short call to Charlie and he was on it with tools to try and cobble it back together. No go there, so he took the time out to take me to the parts store to get replacements to properly repair it. It took about 30 minutes to get the old parts replaced and get me going again. Thank you Sir.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: a big thank you Mr. Sewell
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 09:17:38 am »
Things like this really help keep your belief in the good of your fellow man.

Thanks for sharing.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 10:06:54 am »
A bit of correction here.  I only supplied the tools.  Scott was the one that did all the work. 

Though it only took about 30 minutes to make the repair, the ordeal of getting to that point was much longer.  It took more than 30 minutes for the parts clerk to understand that Scott knew what he was talking about and finally pulled the correct part for him. 

Then it was nearing time for me to pick up my granddaughter, which was in the opposite direction from his truck with not enough time to go back to my house, get a jack, etc, etc.

So, we went to the school, sat in line for a half hour, then a half hour back to his truck.

Helping him get back on the road was no big deal.  Otherwise I would have had to feed him all weekend, and this guy eats like a horse.  Just glad that it happened as he turned onto the highway instead of while traveling down it. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 01:09:00 pm »
You know, when my dad worked for a company that installed safes, timelocks, alarms, ATMs, RTMs, etc in banks, the company wanted my dad to fix a particular timelock that the tech in that service area couldn't fix.  So, my dad fixed it--then promptly trained someone on that particular timelock.  My dad didn't have any of that particular timelock in his service area, and didn't want any.  Any time someone would come to my dad for help with that particular timelock, my dad said he didn't have any of those in his service area, and they should speak with (the guy my dad trained on that timelock).  After that guy had done a bunch of those timelocks, he didn't want to be the "company expert" on that timelock, either.  I don't recall the details, but when the story was told, my dad made it sound as if his contribution to fixing the original timelock was handing the (guy he trained) the tools.  In point of fact, that guy wasn't even there for the original timelock fix.

However Fierofool wants to tell the story, I'm sure Scott was thankful for Fierofool's help.  Often, it's the smallest things that make the biggest difference.