Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Final(?) RFTH18 trial run  (Read 14997 times)

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Final(?) RFTH18 trial run
« on: August 22, 2013, 09:34:38 pm »
A trial run for RFTH18 has been planned for this Saturday (24th). To make it realistic, time-wise, we should meet at the RFTH hotel (833 S Chestatee Street, Dahlonega), and leave there at 9:00 AM. We'll be driving the (hopefully) final route, which has a LOT of curves.
The last weather report I saw says the rain on Saturday should be south of Atlanta.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Final(?) RFTH18 trial run
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 08:51:18 am »
I can't make it this time.  I have family plans already made.  You might need to send emails to a bunch of people.  Seems of late they are wanting personal notifications of everything as opposed to reading the forum. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 04:25:18 pm »
Today I went (with grandson Jason) on the complete route. Conditions were good, and we made good time, with little interference. We left the hotel at 9:30, and arrived at the lunch site at 11:30. We spent an hour at lunch, got gas, and made it back to the hotel at 2:00, again making good time. So there would be plenty of time for afternoon activities.
I must say, this is a very nice route. Plenty of curves, and very little straight. The small amount of dirt road on Doublehead Gap was easily drivable by Fiero.
I can't guarantee that conditions will be as good on the actual run day, but we can hope.
This was the revised route by Fierofool, which included 19/129 over "Blood Mountain". On that stretch, there was a F150 behind me who was managing to keep up, amazingly.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

carnut122

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 08:41:35 pm »
Yes, I know I don't stop in often.  Topnotch, thanks for taking the lead on this.   As always, I plan on attending.