Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Bad oil leak?  (Read 16126 times)

Tinton

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Bad oil leak?
« on: December 24, 2008, 04:07:46 am »
I think a friend of mine spoke with Don about this, but I want a second opinion or two. With my '86 Fiero SE V6, when I rev the engine it sprays oil onto the catalytic converter. Yeah, that's how Fieros usually caught on fire back in the day :o . The cat's empty though so it doesn't get that hot and it usually just smokes because the cat gets a good coating of oil from when the car starts, instead of a rod breaking and oil suddenly hitting a hot, working cat. I got the car's "emission test" with it smoking like that though and I drove it back to my Dad's just fine (carrying 2 extinguishers in the car), but I need to get it fixed. Any idea on what's leaking, before I get under the car to see? Also, my Dad lives only a couple miles from Don so I guess I need to bring the car by sometime to have him look at it, and maybe install a 3.4 8).

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
Re: Bad oil leak?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 05:12:03 am »
Sounds like a hole in the oil pressure tube.
Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Bad oil leak?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 08:15:00 am »
Or the gasket from the old oil filter is still there, along with the new filter.  Best thing to do is raise and support the car, get under it and have someone rev the engine.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers