Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: to paint or not to paint  (Read 15971 times)

oldone

• View Profile
to paint or not to paint
« on: February 25, 2009, 04:12:39 pm »
does anyone know is there such a thing as a decent $500.00 or less paint job? if your painting a car black do you paint the trim too or mask it off or remove it? i found a place that will paint a car for $375.00, that includes sanding first. they use urethane paint. i've seen two cars they painted, one was bad, they said the customer primed it himself and supplied his own paint which was something called western synthetic paint which they said just couldn't get it to work right. the other car was painted white with their urethane and it looked pretty decent,had a nice shine. now these two guys don't advertise and aren't in the yellow pages, just a sign on the side of the road(411 going into rome) i've been seeing the sign for 13 years and today i finally stopped and talked to them. they said base coat/clear coat is a lot more expensive for them to do. ijust hate to take a car to get painted by people i don't know. what do you all think?         oldone in c'ville   
the world is a sh t sandwich and everyday is another little bite

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: to paint or not to paint
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 04:57:06 pm »
A cheap paint job is always a "take a chance" thing. If you don't mind taking a chance, go ahead. If you can find one of their customers who got his car painted, say, a couple of years ago, and it still looks good, then maybe they're ok.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 05:23:02 pm »
Check with Robbie.  They know a guy up there that does a very decent paint job for a similar price.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 05:55:25 pm »
Yea I'm getting ready to take my 84 to get it painted for $600.00. I'll let you know just how good or bad it looks.
Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net