Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: gotta sell my 87 Duke notchie 120,000 miles  (Read 16399 times)

meatloafsandwich

• View Profile
gotta sell my 87 Duke notchie 120,000 miles
« on: May 03, 2013, 05:14:26 pm »
well, the good news is....I have another son on the way!! bad news is....I gotta sell my ride for something with a back seat.

here are a few details:
1987 notchback with the 4cyl.
it is an automatic and has only 120,500 original miles. when I got it I replaced a front fender, hood, front bumper cover, and engine vents.
I also added the removable sunroof (only leaks if you don't put it in right),a spoiler (modified from an 88 Supra), shifter knob, Grant Gt steering wheel, and the push button trunk release. I also dyed the carpets to be solid black.

the car runs fine and has been my daily driver for the past 2 years, I just put on new brake pads, pcv valve, and a few other things.

here are the bad things:
parking brake is no good (surprise surprise)

someone broke out my passenger window to steal my stereo, so now the passenger side glass needs to be tinted to match the rest of the car, also the stereo surround is gone. (I will include a sony stereo that's works but needs a wiring harness that is $10 on e-bay)

the left side turn signal lenses are gone, but the signals work.

needs a paint job because every time I replaced a body panel, I shot it with satin black primer.

I am only asking $1700 obo because that is what I need to buy the other car I am looking at.....maybe a trade....make me an offer to get me close??? (I also have a 1984 Virago VX700 for sale)

I will post pictures this weekend after I clean it up a bit, in the meantime, if anyone is interested, I can text whatever pics you want.

call or text Robert 678-787-4059

PS. I will be letting this go with some spare parts, including but not limited to: driver and passenger door skins, aftermarket hood scoop, aftermarket push button HOOD (front) release........

MetalBlue85GT

• View Profile
Re: gotta sell my 87 Duke notchie 120,000 miles
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 12:12:45 pm »
I cant wait for the pics - Can you PM me the carpet die product? I am looking to do that as well in mine. I heard its a rattle can spray die but noone has shown pics of it completed or named the product they used.
Randy ~ of Acworth

meatloafsandwich

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 07:59:49 am »
I did not get a chance to take pictures with all the rain but i will soon. I will send you pics and the product info first thing this week

MetalBlue85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 06:48:14 pm »
Any pictures yet?

or Craigslist post?  Just getting a feel:

I want an 85-87 Duke notch stick. preferably 5 speed. Not quite in the buying mood but looking and may get excited if the car is right.
Randy ~ of Acworth

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 08:15:29 pm »
If Robert's car isn't suitable, there's an 85 5-speed out here near me.  Right front is crunched a little but it's all in front of the front bulkhead.  Just the frame rail extension. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

CowsPatoot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 11:32:19 pm »
If Robert's car isn't suitable, there's an 85 5-speed out here near me.  Right front is crunched a little but it's all in front of the front bulkhead.  Just the frame rail extension.

And I have an 84 parts car with a CLEAN frame and all the other small pieces you would need.  But now we are getting off topic.

aerodonamic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 09:36:01 pm »
I will have to call you  Mr. Meatloaf , sInce I dont know your first name. Reason  Im posting is to find if you may still have the  700 Virago for sale  ??  If so what is the price & condition. Thanks, aerodonamic@att.net