Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: COVID recreation  (Read 13695 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
COVID recreation
« on: April 18, 2020, 09:20:07 am »
They say we're still allowed to recreate.  Since we are supposed to be social distancing and wearing face masks. I figured goggles were in order.  Yep, ATV riding is recreation.  Unfortunately, one ATV had a tire with a fast leak, and another ATV needs tires for any real riding.  So, I ordered tires.  2 months ago.  Of the 5 tires I ordered, I got 1.  The company for the other tires is closed until COVID ends.

Not to be defeated, I tried firing up the third ATV.  This one has needed some work for over a year, but I haven't gotten around to it.  I think the carb will have to come out, but hate doing that.  I tried running some cleaner through it, but the engine will only fire once or twice.  It has good tires, but the bolt pattern is entirely different from the sport ATV, and the tires are the wrong type.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: COVID recreation
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 09:44:27 am »
Within your statement lies a word that can be read in several ways.  Taken the other way, many people are doing just that and it's predicted that there will be another baby boom in 8 to 9 months.   ;)
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: COVID recreation
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 09:50:47 am »
Yes, I thought of that as I was typing.  Somehow, that does not seem to fit in with social distancing, which is supposed to be implemented at home, also.