Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Glad to join the club!  (Read 246 times)

winnie9200

• View Profile
Glad to join the club!
« on: January 17, 2023, 08:28:11 pm »
Hi everyone,

My name is Winston and I'm an Engineering student at Georgia Tech. I attended my first meeting this past Saturday and it was a pleasure meeting everyone in person! I own a white 88 GT which is back in NJ but down here I have an 85 Vette as well which needs a lot of work if any of you guys are vette guys and willing to provide assistance. I make the gated shift plates and some custom shift knobs that you may have seen on Facebook and I've been working on carbon fiber scoops for the car, as well as some other interesting projects. I have access to a lot of complex machinery including 3D printers, water jets, and CNC machines so if I have the time and there is interest, I might be able to create some pretty interesting stuff. Thanks for the warm welcome to the club!

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: Glad to join the club!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 09:26:24 am »

Welcome to GFC.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 02:11:08 pm »
We messaged a bit on the other Forum. Glad you are here. Welcome!

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 10:10:18 pm »
I have access to a lot of complex machinery including 3D printers, water jets, and CNC machines so if I have the time and there is interest, I might be able to create some pretty interesting stuff. Thanks for the warm welcome to the club!

Winston,
I recently purchased a 3D printer, some "bed mats"(?), and a roll of PLA filament. (All still in packages.)
I have some ideas for some pieces I'd like to print. Theoretically, the printer I purchased is quite sufficient for the task.
This one. https://www.ebay.com/itm/165435268504
Was highly recommended as an "intro" printer, by some people who I would trust to know. :D
Obviously, I need to print some test pieces (thingiverse has lots of stuff) in order to figure out the printing aspect, but other than that, I have no idea how to construct/design the pieces.
There are lots of 3D CAD programs out there, but I'm clueless.
Any advice will be welcomed.

ron768

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 12:29:12 am »
Welcome to the club.
1985 2M6 SE, 1986 GT x 2.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 07:38:15 am »
I have three items that I'd like to see produced for resale.  Two of those items are the same, except slightly different in size. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers