Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Wanted Dream Car Fiero.....  (Read 22857 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Wanted Dream Car Fiero.....
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 08:59:10 pm »
Good find.  Got any pictures of it, yet?  Tell us about it.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

sixgun6

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 11:58:11 pm »
I have 86  2M6 -4speed for $800 email psixgun6@aol.com

PetefromTn

• Fiero junkie getting back off the wagon LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 09:17:53 pm »
Well guys...
    I went with my wife today to look at a local car. It was an 87 GT. It has been repainted and the paint job kinda sucks. The motor is out of it, the interior was in pieces but was seemed to be all there. The car did not have much rust at all but there was a single hole in the trunk on the drivers side.  He told me his bottom line price was $500.00 and I was kinda tempted but the car needs A LOT of work.  The motor apparently needs rebuit, the whole car needed to be bodyworked and repainted, the interior needs a new drivers seat and recovered both of them and the dash needed a lot of attention.  Then the cradle needs dropped and a motor installed and basically every single part of the car needs attention.  I was pretty disappointed because he WAS asking $800.00 for the car. He does have the engine but it apparently is smoked.   I am SUPPOSED To get my Tax return money very soon here and once I do I WILL be buying a Fiero and I have pretty much decided I want another GT with a four speed.  I would absolutely LOVE to have a tee top car but it must have a sunroof at least.  I would also prefer grey interior.  My wife and I were talking about it after looking at that poor bastard Fiero today that we really miss our old car and we are thinking about putting some more cash into getting the RIGHT one. It still need not be perfect and I am willing to get into somewhat of a project but I think I am gonna want something that does not need a ton of work to get to the point of being at least a decent driver.  Again the offer to fabricate about anything you might want, tig welding, CNC machining, hell whatever I can probably do it from my shop here in East Tennessee and it can be a cash/work trade or whatever. At this point I just want another nice Fiero GT here and I really do not care how it happens.  I almost cried for the poor car we saw today. What really sucks is it is not so far gone that it could not be brought back. It would just take a lot of work is all.  The car actually had some decent racing stripes painted on the hood and roof and it was black with silver stripes.  I ALMOST lowballed him and took it home but it is pretty ugly....  The 86GT I had needed paint and some interior work but it was a decent car right from the start.

Anyways,  That 88GT oldone has sounds pretty good but I hate automatics, The notchie is nice that is for sale too but not really what I want either. I guess I will just have to cruise craigslist until I find one....In the mean time if anyone hears of a great deal on what I am looking for lemme know...peace

Pete

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee
A&N Precision Machine on Facebook

86FIFI

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 10:20:11 pm »
That's too bad, if you get that notchie and want to convert it to a fastback I have the perfect car with all parts necessary for the swap, and the rear bumper is already removed. ;)
Matt

2002 Ford F-150 5.4 Crewcab
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 2.8 4-Speed

Pennock's Build Thread
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/111183.html

PetefromTn

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 10:40:40 pm »
Actually I quite like notchies but I would have to get a great deal on one and mod the crap out of it. They can sure look awesome when done right but it takes some work I think. If I did buy a notchie it would REMAIN a notchie I cannot see changing over a notch to a GT when there are so many GT's out there to be had.  This it the sweetest baddest notchie I have ever seen and I would absolutely try to make it look like this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ4UXcfrARQ

That saleen wing and ground effects makes that car look amazing...

If I found a NICE notch for a great price I would maybe do that but I think I will seek out exactly what I want at this point.  Peace

Pete
Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

PetefromTn

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 10:46:54 am »
Bump...
  Still looking for a decent fiero. Pretty much decided I want a four speed v6 car again.  Might actually prefer a notchback car IE an 86SE or 85GT.  Good running car in decent shape have cash in hand now. Peace

Pete

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 10:50:39 am »
Pete, you never did say how much you are willing to spend?

\D
Life is good!

PetefromTn

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 01:13:37 pm »
That's basically because It really depends on the car offered.  I really like your car man but I just was hoping to find another four speed car. The one I had was really sweet and ran great, I dunno if it is something about the gear ratios or what on it but that is what I want again. The only five speed I have driven were all four cylinder cars.  If your car had a four speed or even a getrag it would probably be mine already.  I do not want to start out swapping parts either. Really when I first made this post the goal was to find a cheap project car but now that I have money to spend I am going to try to find exactly what I want.  It is quite honestly driving me crazy because it seems like all the cars I want are very far away or crazy expensive. There are tons of Fiero's on craigslist right now within driving distance but they all have autos or something that is not exactly what I want on them. Probably sounding like a pain in the ass here but I am really not being that picky I think. I just want a decent v6 car with a four speed and at this point a notchie will probably be what I get simply due to what I intend to do with it.  Ever since I first saw this car I wanted it.... It does not exist now so I gotta build my own but I need to find the same car equipped like I want.  If I do not find it soon I will maybe settle for something else but I really do not want to.  Your car looks very nice and the price is not too bad, the interior looks decent and you said the AC works, I did see how you were having some issues with the CEL on pennocks but it sounds like you sorted it out.  Anyways, here is the car I want to build altho mine will be either Silver or white...peace

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=lz7&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1600&bih=816&tbm=isch&tbnid=uyFdr38-CM6QfM:&imgrefurl=http://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/fiero/showThread.cgi%3Fforum%3D1%26thread%3D080831%26style%3Dprintable&docid=w7O6Hc4IVE7i6M&itg=1&imgurl=http://images.fieroforum.com/2010/kurt_mylar.jpg&w=1024&h=768&ei=OBlNT-j_M4G2twetmsQf&zoom=1

Pete

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 02:07:22 pm »
LOL, the CEL issue was the wife's Fiero, not mine ;D

\D
Life is good!

PetefromTn

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 03:07:27 pm »
Hehe how many 85 GT's ya got down there anyways??    ;D

Pete
Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

Spartanzz

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 01:34:06 am »
man if i had enough money to go buy another fiero id sell you mine >.< (86 GT 4spd fastback) but im trying to get money for a 3800 swap or for a second fiero for my fiance.

PetefromTn

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 09:15:10 am »
 ;) peace

Pete

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee