Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Fiero modifications  (Read 14017 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Fiero modifications
« on: December 27, 2018, 05:18:54 pm »
Some years ago, I was looking for my second Fiero.  The Fiero I wanted was purchased by someone else.  This particular Fiero had an Archie V8 setup, with upgraded (Firebird) suspension and (Corvette) brakes.  It had power steering.  It had a non-stock 4-speed transmission.  The paint was in good condition.  There was minimal rust.  It had Mr. Mike's leather seats.  It had a Firebird interior.  It had aftermarket 17" wheels with new tires.  There were those side scoops that stick out, and they were actual GM parts.  The owner wanted $5,500 for it.  It was a nice, running, driving vehicle.

Recently, the person who bought that Fiero contacted me.  He thought I'd still be interested.  I went to look at that Fiero, but wish I hadn't.

The current owner put about 10 miles on it since he purchased it 5 years ago.  In the meantime, the car has sat outdoors, uncovered, on bare dirt, under some trees.  The current owner wants $10K for it, as it sits.

The engine bay is a mess of nests and cobwebs.  The plug wires have been chewed away.  The belts appear to be missing.  The tires are flat and dry-rotted.  Tree sap and leaves are everywhere.  The windows and sunroof have been left open.  The interior is ruined.  There is bird poop all over.  The seats are destroyed.

It appears that a hammer was the engine tool of choice.

He apparently tried to do something with the motor, because the top end was taken apart, and apparently lost.  He lost the keys, and had punched the locks and broken the steering column.  The brakes are all rusty.

It looks as if someone cut the side scoops flat with an angle grinder.  Most of the other body panels have holes in them.  The stock spoiler was removed, and someone had tried to attach a big wing to the lid, but basically destroyed the decklid.

The front now looks as if someone tried to enlarge it with a sawzall.  The windshield is sitting at an odd angle, and doesn't look as if it would fit, anymore.  Maybe the angle of the A-pillars changed.

The coolant tubes on the sides were both crushed.

At this point, rust has compromised most of the frame.  I think it's ready to be crushed.  I couldn't find anything worth saving.

I am at a loss to explain what happened.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 07:48:30 pm by GTRS Fiero »

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: Fiero modifications
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 09:48:32 am »
There are those people who could break a crowbar in a sandbox.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Fiero modifications
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 10:02:28 am »
Just because someone can, does not mean they should.

I'd like to think that my Fiero won't be seen in this manner.