Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Phone got wiped. Need your info.  (Read 14596 times)

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Phone got wiped. Need your info.
« on: November 27, 2016, 09:40:45 am »
Y'all...
I reset my phone last night and skillfully blew away most of my contacts.
If you have me in your phone, please just text me your name. (I will see the number and can then save it.)

(OTOH, if you want to hide from me, then this is your golden opportunity. Just don't respond. :D )

Thanks.

fiero128

• Giday from Aussie land
    • View Profile
    • http://hawkesburyhydrogen.com
Re: Phone got wiped. Need your info.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 05:41:44 am »
reset your phone to a factory reset
Hawkesbury Hydrogen
More Km perTank
saving money
ABN 98866913657
+61412119530
+61448119310
+61245672275

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 05:25:01 pm »
I need my info, too.  What's that song that ends something like, ”Who am I?  What country am I in?”

AT&T wiped my phone.  If that would've fixed it, it wouldn't have been OK, but now it's in an endless boot loop at the AT&T logo.  The original problem was that it wouldn't charge.  They said it was the battery.  It wasn't.  Now, they claim that it's a software issue.  I think it's an ID10T error in the PETI chip.  They were supposed to back up my text messages, but their backup didn't work.  Or, the moron didn't know how to use it.  I got the manager, who said they'll have a replacement phone shipped to me in 3 weeks.  No loaner.  I made them cough up $40 for a ZTE phone.  Who knew that, at 8Gb storage, the OS and included apps completely fill up the device?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 06:32:32 pm by tshark »

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 05:40:53 pm »
Most phones have a micro-SD card slot. I have a 32GB card in mine, and have it set up to store all pictures I take on the card, not the phone's internal storage.
Also, the internal storage is divided into two parts (at least on an Android phone), one part called "phone", and the other part called "internal storage" or something like that. You can go into the apps menu of setup and move some apps from "phone" to "storage" to make more room for apps.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 10:51:57 pm »
I only lost my text messages, phone history, visual voicemail, and such-like.  My photos and videos store to the SD & cloud, contacts, calendar, and email sync to the cloud.  With losing the text messages, I lost a lot of info.  Somehow, the messages aren't online anymore.

The thing is, I brought it in for a hardware issue.  They didn't ask--they just wiped it.  They didn't have it in their hands for 1 minute, before they wiped it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 09:58:42 pm by GTRS Fiero »