Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 86 GT For Sale  (Read 16378 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
86 GT For Sale
« on: April 08, 2009, 11:39:47 pm »
I bought the gold 86 GT that Robbie posted about, below.  The owner said that the engine was not the original engine, but he doesn't know the mileage.  I checked hot oil pressure with a mechanical gauge and it showed 22-23 lbs at idle.

I've replaced the rear brakes, 1 rear brake line and 1 rear rotor, installed a new battery, replaced the sending units for the oil pressure and temp gauge, and 1 headlight motor and installed a new clutch pedal bushing.  I also purchased and installed seat belt guides, also known as seat hinge covers, and painted them to the correct color

The paint is faded on the top, the driver's seat covers need to be replaced, and it could probably use front brakes  (they pull).  The quarter windows are aged and the drivers quarter has a crack, but is still serviceable.  The car is solid with very few noises.  It still has the original complete stock exhaust.  The heat shield on the converter was loose, and I had it spot welded back.  It rattles at startup.  It has the premium sound with factory subwoofer.  It's a 4-speed and it shifts very smoothly.  It has Saddle Tan interior, all power, no rear window defroster or power mirrors.  The manual remote drivers mirror control has not buckled the door panel.  Factory Floor Mats in very good condition.  The seats have slipover covers on them to cover the original seats.  Not shown in the photos below.  I have run it through several car washes and the sunroof hasn't leaked, yet.

The current price is $1800.  If I repair the brakes and replace the drivers seat cover, the price is $2000.  Robbie's post tells you what I paid for it, so you can see what I'm making.  I bought it to preserve it and make sure it goes to a good home.

http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/tt324/charlessewell/Gold%2086%20Fiero%20GT/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 07:03:50 pm by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
Re: 86 GT For Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 07:57:05 am »
You know, I'd still like to have that car. The gold one's are hard to find in a GT series. Ofcourse it would get a 3800SC install and I'd put that engine in another one of my cars. Then I could have 2 gold 86 GT's, his and hers.  ;D
Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 09:03:53 am »
It's For Sale. ;D

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

RobsFieros

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 09:59:29 am »
Would you be interested in trading?
Robert Finley
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 06:33:04 pm »
Yes.  One Grooms remanufactured 3.4 long block.

RobsFieros

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 07:04:26 pm »
I'll see what I can come up with.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 08:32:06 pm by RobsFieros »
Robert Finley
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

RobsFieros

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 07:58:02 pm »
Bump for another look.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 08:32:36 pm by RobsFieros »
Robert Finley
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 09:50:25 pm »
The brakes are working properly now.  They just needed a good bleeding.  Lots of air in the line.  The mechanic who did the rear brake work didn't bleed the system after replacing the rear brake hose and shoes and rotor.

I've also installed a new seat cover on the drivers side that is equal to or better than the passenger side.  No more duct tape, no tears or wear.  Here's a pic of the seat.    

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt324/charlessewell/S1031887.jpg

The price is now $1850.

I now have a 50 % deposit on the car to hold it until July 9.  If it isn't paid in full by then, it goes back on the market.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 09:44:23 pm by Fierofool »

Rat Pee 86

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 12:32:17 pm »
Hi all,

I'm Tom Ott and I bought this car from Charlie, and I am a semi-newbie to the club (I was a member back in 2002, but had to sell my '85 GT, so I went AWOL  ;P ). I hope to make it to the RFTH event in September.  If anyone out there wants to split a hotel room for the Friday and Saturday night, LMK. I don't smoke, but a smoker won't bother me.  Thanks Charlie, for putting me back on the track to Fiero bliss !

Tom Ott
(770)885-6036