Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Winter work  (Read 13991 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Winter work
« on: January 24, 2020, 06:32:19 pm »
Of the 4 seasons, do you get as much done during the Winter as in any of the other 3 seasons?

My Fiero has been somewhat neglected, recently.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: Winter work
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 06:43:45 pm »
I don't, usually. It's uncomfortable to work in the garage, in winter, even though it's relatively warm. (It's a drive-under, but it's not heated, per se.)
Right now, I've been dedicating most of my time to "must have" items, since we're getting ready to move. Not a lot of time for fun stuff. Or even unnecessary not fun stuff.

The white car (i.e. the one that needs the most attention) is parked in the garage, down at the farm. The gray car is here, but it's essentially completed, so I haven't been doing much with it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 06:47:02 pm by Raydar »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 06:49:21 pm »
No garage, but the 14-degree weather is not my friend.  The thought of grabbing cold metal out in the...cold makes me really appreciate interior...heating, so much that I sit indoors with my feet up and contemplate ways to wish the work done.

Something called a vacuum sensor went bad on my truck.  This particular sensor is on the fuel tank.  Crawling around under the truck in the snow isn't fun.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 08:11:33 pm »
i only work in the Winter if something's broken, and absolutely has to be fixed. Unless there's a warm spell.

The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 08:36:20 pm »
Warm spells tease me, usually starting after I start work, and finishing before I get home.  If it's warm on Friday, come Saturday, the weather turns.