Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Do you like Burger King?  (Read 14094 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Do you like Burger King?
« on: September 16, 2019, 06:58:58 pm »
If you like Burger King, you should eat all you can get between now and the end of the year.  I've got a bunch of Two-Fer coupons that I plan to use.  I read that they are filing bankruptcy and will close all locations by the end of the year. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Do you like Burger King?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 07:05:11 pm »
Hmmm.  They just completely revamped 2 of the locations by us.  Unfortunately, they removed the playground, so I no longer take yhe kids there.  A third location was closed, several years sgo.

It is true that they aren't usually busy.  A few years ago, they were a major NASCAR sponsor.

Their food really isn't that good.  The kids like the crowns.

Many fast food chains are closing.  Hopefully, we don't end up with just Taco Bell.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 09:18:26 pm »
Well, I hope that doesn't happen. In my opinion, Burger King is the only fast food burger place where the meat by itself tastes good. At all the others, it tastes like cardboard. A Big Mac, for example, only tastes good because of the special sauce. The meat is cardboard.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 10:13:48 pm »
I actually don't care much for their meat, but McD's is much worse.  Maybe I eat out too much.

We've bern eating lots of Chik-Fil-A and Culver's.  Not a fan of Culver's.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 10:36:27 pm »
As I told GTRS a short while ago, the Whoppers are back to the size they were back in the '70s.  They had slowly gotten smaller but the 2 I got tonight were big.  And I surprised myself that I ate all but about 3 bites.  An unusual amount for me.  I normally get a Whopper Jr. meal and sometimes can't finish that.  I like Whoppers and their Big K Fish Sandwiches.  I like their shakes, but every one within a decent drive of me has had a broken ice cream machine for at least the last 3 years.  They also just revamped the one I visited tonight, so I don't know what's going on with the bankruptcy bit.  Maybe it's because of those stupid commercials with the guy with the plastic face. 

I agree that McDonalds is poor quality in their quarter pounders and Big Mac''s.  Can't at a Big Mac.  Well, I can, but it doesn't stay with me long enough to get any nutrition from it.  I usually get a 2 hamburger meal.  Seems to taste better than the Quarter Pounder. 

Probably the best burger to me is the ones at 5 Guys and Fries.  Fresh ground, never frozen meat. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 10:49:36 pm »
Never frozen meat?  Do they butcher on-prem?

Our 5 Guys closed, after about 1 month.  I've never been.

Our Burger King that closed had rude employees.  One of them gave me a burger that had fallen on the floor.  I rrfused the burger.  She told me not to let the door hit my, um-‐backside‐-on the way out.  I called to complain.

After the place was closed, she applied at my office.  I went through the entire interview with her.  Afterward,
She asked if she was hired.  No.  She brought in her own, pre-filled "application".  I returned her "application", and showed her to the door.  She remembered me just fine, and said all sorts of things.

If the customer floor area of the restaurant is sticky, dirty, or otherwise messy, I leave, and usually don't come back.  I usually go to the restroom to clean my hands.  If the restroom is nasty, ditto.

scottb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 06:25:02 pm »
The article that I just read explained that Burger King is closing low volume, low profit locations while opening new ones in areas with more potential for profits.  They aint going anywhere

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 07:00:32 pm »
They probably got a good bump in business.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 08:35:48 pm »
Never frozen meat?  Do they butcher on-prem?

We've had a couple of 5 Guys close down here.  May be like Scott says of Burger King.  Closing the less profitable ones. 
Never frozen isn't too uncommon down here.  There's a grocery chain down here that's more like a discount grocery store.  Their headquarters is right here in Commerce, Ga.  They've been around since 1982 and only have 8 stores in Georgia and South Carolina.  None of their meats are ever frozen.  I don't know how they do it, but their meats are never discolored, the prices are lower than the other chain stores, and on Monday morning, they discount the weekend meats even more. 

I grab sirloin tips or top round steaks, enough for 4 meals for like $6-8.  Vacuum seal them and put them in the freezer.  I can get 4 huge boneless porkchops for about the same price. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 08:45:05 pm »
I buy half a cow from the farm, and freeze it.  It lasts about 6 months.