Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: CariD.com problem  (Read 14853 times)

MikeMac

• View Profile
CariD.com problem
« on: October 15, 2019, 01:04:27 pm »
I ordered a grille for my Audi from CariD.com and received it several days later. I opened it and compared to what was on the car and it looked correct. Last night I attempted to install it and it wouldn't fit. I needed a grille for an S4 and the part tag on the 1 they sent says A4. So I call them today and they tell me since its been 32 days since I ordered it there is nothing they can do. The return policy is if you aren't satisfied you can return it within 30 days. The fact that it doesn't fit the car didn't seem to matter to them. Now I'm out $85. Good customer service there huh?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: CariD.com problem
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 03:50:52 pm »
How long after you ordered it did they send it out?  How long after you ordered it did you receive it?  Ask them if you didn't receive it for 15 days after ordering, would that eat up 15 days of the return period.  If it took more than 2 days to get to you, I'd contact the BBB or somebody. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 06:05:50 pm »
Just dispute the charge.  That usually gets the company's attention.

MikeMac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 06:12:37 pm »
I never bought from them before this and will never do it again. I will dispute it but I doubt it will do any good. I disputed a charge a month or so back over an instant download PDF service manual that took 2 days to download and it wasn't a PDF file. I had to run it under Virtual Machine which was way too much trouble. I disputed it based on not as advertised and the CC company denied it saying since I actually downloaded it I couldn't dispute it. That was only a $28 dollar charge, but still.

Hopefully I can sell the grille on Facebook Marketplace and get some money back

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 06:15:39 pm »
My CC people almost always side with me.

In this case, you have a physical product.  It is the wrong product.  If they start the 30-day thing, start the shipping time complaint.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 07:50:05 am »
I would certainly dispute the charge.