Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: The Joel Project  (Read 33082 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: The Joel Project
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2014, 08:54:23 pm »
It's a go for this Saturday, April 26.  We have vehicles and transport apparatus.  We need folks to help out with getting them onto the trailers if we can't get them started.  Also people to keep people company if you just want to ride along.  It's an all day trip, so bring along an extra pair of Depends. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

MetalBlue85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2014, 10:02:22 pm »
I have a dolly Secured. I will be leaving from Acworth heading North to meet up with Scott and Charlie some where up 411.

I just need a time and city along 411 to meet Charlie and Scott at.
Randy ~ of Acworth

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2014, 10:32:57 pm »
Scott, Ray and I will be meeting on Canton Hwy (Hwy. 20) near the Cherokee/Forsyth County Line and pulling out around 7:30 AM Saturday morning.

We should meet up with Randy in Chatsworth on US 411 at around 8:30-9:00.  That should put us into Maryville, Tn. around Noon.  There is an AutoZone on US 411, just north of town where we can meet in Chatsworth. 

They both say they've got plenty of room if anyone would like to go along to help out. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2014, 05:07:56 am »
Already had plans guys. Be safe.
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

MetalBlue85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2014, 04:53:29 pm »
I am all set with a car dolly. See you at the Auto Zone at 0830. Has anyone heard From Ron or his wife so that I can drop off the Fiero?

I will have my FRS. and good tunes.
Randy ~ of Acworth

scottb

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2014, 05:17:34 pm »
And....... Im going to throw a monkey wrench in all of this: I left my phone at work this afternoon. OOps. I will be able to get to it in the morning but i dont know when the boss will be in to open the building. Long story but i cant call him tonight. I will go tomorrow, but i doont have an idea on what time i can leave. Charlie, I will send you my other number to your PMs. I should be home about 8 this evening. Scott

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2014, 06:03:54 pm »
You can use my phone.  Ray and I will still be at the Canton Hwy address between 7 and 7:30 unless we find out otherwise that you will be much much later. 

scottb

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2014, 06:42:26 pm »
I appreciate that Charlie but i cant be without my phone all day, nobody has my other number,and if we dont get done until late i wont be able to get it until Monday. I did just learned that i will able to get to it at 9 tomorrow morning. we'll get everything moved, just start a little later.

MetalBlue85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2014, 10:24:10 pm »
GT safely placed in Rons Drive way. I kept the Rims for now, 3 rears are on the GT and one front, and 3 front and one rear is with me. I will get them to Rons when I go over to work on it with him.

I left the key in the ignition, and the spares in the ashtray. The paper work is still in the car as well.

I was not able to replace the Automatic cable back in the bracket so that it is properly linked to the Shifter in the cabin. I placed chocks behind the wheels and made sure it was in park.

I work out that way and if you need help with moving the car let me know.  I am about 20 miles north of Ron.
Randy ~ of Acworth

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2014, 07:31:05 am »
A very long, but productive day, yesterday.  We picked up Mike's 88 GT and Formula and got them safely and securely back to Georgia.  The GT is at Ron's house in Powder Springs and the Formula will be at my house.  First focus will be the 88 GT since it's the car that will be donated.  Here's a couple of pictures that Scott took as we were about to head home.

ron768

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2014, 08:55:13 am »
Thanks guys for making this happen. I will be home next weekend so anyone is welcome to come over and wrench on it with me.  ;D
1985 2M6 SE, 1986 GT x 2.

scottb

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2014, 12:30:51 pm »
The formula F4 phantom is securely resting at Sewell's Fiero Garden. I took it over there this morning. Will start the bidding war at $250.00 cash money

Robs Fieros

• President of the East Tennessee Fiero Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2014, 09:23:38 am »
Be careful using those tow dollies.
President of East Tennessee Fiero Club

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2014, 06:45:32 pm »
I have spoken with John Harbour, originator of the Joel Project and owner of the car we presently have stored at ThaDriver's.  I've told him that the car is too far gone and will be too time consuming to finish.  I told him we are abandoning the project so he said that whatever is salvageable can be sold.  The money will go to John or to a charity of his choice.  Essentially all that's there is the front and rear fascias, the hood, roof and rear clip, and a 2.8 engine with roller rockers, 4-speed transmission and new clutch assembly on an 84 cradle. 

Robs Fieros

• President of the East Tennessee Fiero Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2014, 04:25:33 pm »
Fierofool I'm glad I got to talk to you today.
President of East Tennessee Fiero Club