Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: VIR - Holiday Laps - Nov 9th  (Read 15308 times)

CowsPatoot

• View Profile
VIR - Holiday Laps - Nov 9th
« on: October 13, 2012, 11:08:47 pm »
Who? You
What? Holiday Laps 2012
When? Friday, November 9th
Where? VIRginia International Raceway, Danville, VA
Why? Because it's fun
How? Well...that part is up to you

Basically, you donate $25 to charity (Salvation Army), and you get to run the track for 20-25 minutes.  They are paced laps, but they do set a pretty good pace (I broke 100mph in the convertible last year).  If one round isn't enough, donate another $25 and take a second round.  If you get there early, you will have time to take about 6 rounds.  They also offer rides in an Ariel Atom for a small donation (I think it was $10, but don't quote me on that)...and they do push it to it's limit on those rides.

You are officially invited to join us.  This will be the fourth year for Sharon and I.  We usually run about 4 times.   We will be there in the convertible again this year, Colin will be there with his 85 GT, and Larry (the guy that puked in Colin's car on one of the scouting runs) will be there with his BMW 318 (with an M3 engine swapped in).

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a web page on this year's Holiday Laps...but the information will be the same as last years other than the date.
http://virnow.com/2011/10/26/annual-holiday-laps/

whiteandnerdy27

• View Profile
Re: VIR - Holiday Laps - Nov 9th
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 01:56:35 am »
Well, Larry and I made it to the track and back home in one piece. I *would* post some pictures.... but..... I forgot my camera.....because im good like that......... *sigh* oh well. there's always next year. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: VIR - Holiday Laps - Nov 9th
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 10:37:13 pm »
I just want to know why that blue car in front of you with the thing on its roof is so fast.