Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Wheel fitment question  (Read 22016 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Wheel fitment question
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 09:11:53 am »
What other plans do you have for the car?
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

WV Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 09:00:54 am »
They look good.  I totally feel the work in progress

Thanks. Me too.
'88 Fiero Formula 2.8L v6

WV Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 09:04:21 am »
What other plans do you have for the car?

I've got to redo the wiring and interior, since it has an internal fire. I want to change it from notch back to fast back. Have the motor rebuilt. Painted. I bought the Indy as a project car for my son to help me work on since he is thinking about being a mechanic.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 12:32:19 pm »
I think you'll find that the wiring for the rear of the car to accommodate the fastback will be a major task due to the 84's unique wiring and grounding.  If you could find one, upgrading to an 85 or 86 4-cylinder and dropping in a 5-speed Isuzu transmission would vastly improve the reliability, streetability and economy.

I don't know that the Indy's ever came with an econo 3:32 transmission, so with the standard 4:10 transmission, your maximum speed will be about 60 mph.  At that speed you are running the engine up close to 4000 rpm.  The 5-speed would drop it down below 3000 at 70 mph. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

WV Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 10:23:11 pm »
I think you'll find that the wiring for the rear of the car to accommodate the fastback will be a major task due to the 84's unique wiring and grounding.  If you could find one, upgrading to an 85 or 86 4-cylinder and dropping in a 5-speed Isuzu transmission would vastly improve the reliability, streetability and economy.

I don't know that the Indy's ever came with an econo 3:32 transmission, so with the standard 4:10 transmission, your maximum speed will be about 60 mph.  At that speed you are running the engine up close to 4000 rpm.  The 5-speed would drop it down below 3000 at 70 mph.

Thanks. Did not know much about the transmission. I do have a donor 84 Fiero that I may be taking the transmission out and putting into the Indy, until I can upgrade to a 5 speed transmission.