Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Want To Buy a Fastback 5-speed  (Read 15090 times)

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Want To Buy a Fastback 5-speed
« on: April 02, 2014, 09:19:29 pm »
Howdy Folks,

I've been searching for a daily driver Fiero.  Found a few possibilities, but none are located anywhere near Augusta (Except for the one f85gtron's wife offered to sell me).  So, figured I'd post a wanted ad on this Forum and y'all could see if you still have that Fiero you'd forgotten about in your attic. 

Color isn't too important as long as it isn't something weird like pink (Found one in CA).

Must be a manual transmission.  I'll admit a 4-speed works great, but I like 5-speeds better.

Has to be a fastback.  I just like them more, even though a few notchbacks have popped up to make me reconsider.

The car has to work.  I know repairs will need to be done on a nearly 30 year old car, but it has to be running.

As State Farm recently taught me, I'll pay around NADA value.  Mods/condition will be accounted for.

Due to a busy life, I'm looking to purchase in early May.  That should give you time to look in the basement too.

Thanks
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Want To Buy a Fastback 5-speed
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 12:05:56 am »
I have a Minister friend who has an 86 GT 4-speed, tan interior.  I believe he's the 2nd owner.  It's low mileage and has generally been kept under a car cover or in the garage.  It's gold in color.  It needs the headliner replaced, but otherwise the interior is in nice condition.  Everything works on the car, including the AC. 

Call Reverend Ridgeway at  7 Seven Oh-Tree Won Fore-Six 9 Nine 5

Tell him Charlie referred you. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

commodore_dude

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 02:15:28 pm »
Not sure what your budget is or if you're particularly interested in 88s, but I was planning on selling my relatively clean and low-mileage 88 GT later this spring or this summer after getting a couple more things fixed up on it (some trim pieces I have on hand, a tuneup, a detail, etc - I've gotten all the gauges and electrical gremlins sorted and it's rust-free and generally runs well). Could definitely be a daily driver, it made it from Austin to Atlanta on a 100+ degree day with a bad battery and alternator without any problems when I bought it, I've just decided I don't enjoy manual transmissions and I don't want to be the one racking up miles on it on a daily basis. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 09:48:31 pm »
Look up email information for oldbikeracer in our membership list.  Email him for information about his 87GT that he has for sale. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 09:59:49 pm »
The 86 Gold 4-speed GT that I refer to is apparently (maybe) still for sale. 

If anyone is interested in it, you can call Nathan Ridgeway at  770-314-6995  He's in the Duluth/Norcross Georgia area.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 09:31:37 pm »

Howdy All.  I'm back in the world of Fiero ownership.  Bright red 1988 GT, 5-speed, sunroof, pdl, pw, and about 57,000 miles.  Soon to have keyless entry and a new A/C blower motor.

Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class