Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Three-O-Eight replica for sale  (Read 17457 times)

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
Three-O-Eight replica for sale
« on: April 09, 2014, 02:52:09 pm »
Those of you who know my car, know that I've had just about every improvement short of a full paint job or engine swap done to this great 86SE-based V6 5-speed ... so, why would I want to let it go?

Because I've had an uncontrollable itch to take a trip on the Wayback Machine back to my misspent youth...  and have decided to sell it and build a clone of the 1975 Dodge Colt GT just like I used to race Back in the Day.

So, if you or someone you know might be interested in the Three-O-8, please contact me via PM or at Lousmarbles(at)gmail-dot-com and I will be furnish an extensive flyer documenting all features, improvements, history, price, etc.!

It went on display for sale at last weekend's C&O show where I got one firm offer right on the spot (just too low, sigh!) and one, "I'll come by this week and take a closer look" (haven't heard from him yet).

I have offered to gladly serve out the remainder of my term on the GFC board this year even if the car sells before the end of the year... that offer currently is under consideration by the board and officers.

Best,
Fiero GTB

Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
Re: Three-O-Eight replica for sale
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 06:38:42 pm »
Clones of 1975 Dodge Colt GT's are always welcome at GA Fiero events.  :(
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

Fiero GTB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 07:33:50 pm »
Thanks, bro.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 07:48:26 pm »
Dodge Colts are amazing, but why not keep both?

My wife likes your 308, especially when I wear a state-specific shirt and a baseball cap.

Once a Fiero-man, always a Fiero-man.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Fiero GTB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 08:55:04 pm »
Dodge Colts are amazing, but why not keep both?

My wife likes your 308, especially when I wear a state-specific shirt and a baseball cap.

Once a Fiero-man, always a Fiero-man.

Keeping two mistresses is never a good idea. One would end up being my downfall.  ;- )

The replica also comes with a full MagPi Kit: red parrot (authentic) shirt, "D" baseball cap, ROBIN1 lic plate and frame, etc, etc.!

Yes, Fiero is in my blood: I actually owned an 87 GT new. That was much of the reason for buying this replica, since I knew what a great car they are.

Best,
FGTB

Fiero GTB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 10:21:31 pm »
Well, this is moving faster that I ever thought.  I have been cleaning up and preparing the car for the car corral at the upcoming May 3 www.BOPCShow.com and May 4 CaffeineAndOctane.com but already have a hopefully serious "out of state" buyer.

I've never sold a car across state lines before, I've always dealt face-to-face, so any sage advice on what I should watch out for, do, not do, etc.?

Thanks!

FGTB

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 12:33:18 am »
Depends.  Is it so distant that you can't meet face to face at some mutual police station?  We know there are lots of good transactions of this type, but not to worry about those.  It's the bad that you're concerned about.  It would be ideal if you could arrange that cash money was handed direct to you by someone.  Cashiers checks or other forms of paper are so easily counterfeited.  Direct deposit will also allow them to contest and withdraw funds.  You may not know you've received a counterfeit check or bank draft until long after your car's been unloaded in some foreign country.

An example of bad---A friend of mine from Myrtle Beach sold his 3800 SuperCharged GT to a man up in the Lakes region.  They agreed upon a price and the man flew down to get the car.  I don't know what form of payment was made, but it wasn't cash.  Anyway, the title was signed over, the man left, and on his way back home, had cancelled payment.  He told my friend that he was making a new offer of $2000 less, and if not accepted, the car could be picked up at the buyer's home.  Up north.  The buyer ended up getting a Fast Fieros of Dallas converted 88GT 5-speed for $5000.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 09:48:12 am »
I'd have the transaction witness and the receipt notarized. That can be done in a bank.

In Charlie's story, someone up north would have their picture on the side of a milk carton.
Just another story about why to NOT trust people up north.
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 09:58:31 am »
For a small fee, a broker might handle the transaction.  With that, there are some safeguards. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

commodore_dude

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 02:22:06 pm »
When I bought my Fiero out of state, I had the seller drive me to a branch of my bank so I could draw a cashier's check while he watched and could be confident it was valid. That way he was comfortable going ahead and signing over the title before I left. Several of my friends and family have done the same thing either buying or selling and it's always worked well, although I guess it's contingent on belonging to a national bank.

Fiero GTB

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 09:55:24 am »
All good solid advice, thanks.  FF, do you know any brokers?  I actually contacted Fraser Dante about doing this... spoke with The Mrs. on the phone, then e-mailed my PDF of photos and details, but never heard back from The Mr. as promised.

FGTB

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 01:49:17 pm »
There's a classic car or muscle car sales up here in Braselton, just past the Cracker Barrel on Hwy 53.  I'm sure they broker or sell on a commission basis. 

Fiero GTB

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 08:57:34 pm »
There's a classic car or muscle car sales up here in Braselton, just past the Cracker Barrel on Hwy 53.  I'm sure they broker or sell on a commission basis.

I'll check 'em out, thanks!

FGTB

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 09:34:26 pm »
Roger lives just up the road.  Check with him to see if he knows or can get the name for you.  I might also be able to run up and check with them to see what service they offer. 

Fiero GTB

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 11:21:22 pm »
Roger lives just up the road.  Check with him to see if he knows or can get the name for you.  I might also be able to run up and check with them to see what service they offer.

Will-do!

FGTB