Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Offers for doner car parts here  (Read 29888 times)

f85gtron

• View Profile
Re: Offers for doner car parts here
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2014, 06:19:28 pm »
In that case.....is the throttle body available?  I would like to make an offer and grab that too......someday.....
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2014, 06:40:50 pm »
How about if I make this offer?  To keep the parts car engine complete, I have a throttle body from a low mileage 86 engine.  It's been cleaned and is in very good condition with no pitting around the intake tube area.  It currently has a TPS on it.

I'll take $50 to include shipping, and include the TPS or $40 for just the throttle body.  I'll donate the proceeds to the Warrior Project fund.  I also have the 86 intake if needed. 

Pullapart price is $32 for the throttle body and $15 for the TPS plus entrance and environmental impact fees. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2014, 10:49:22 pm »
That might work. I don't need any sensors, because it's for a dual tb setup.....and, I'll probably get it quicker. 
I really would like to still get the parts off the parts car too. Is out possible to grab parts at the next meeting and after?  Randy?  I would like to try again.
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2014, 08:57:25 am »
If you're coming up, I'll bring it to the meeting.  I don't know what's happened to Randy.  I have left messages without a return and TopNotch says he's done the same.  Hope he's OK.

Remember that our meeting is at 1:30 and usually lasts for about 2-3 hours, so make your plans around that.

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

MetalBlue85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2014, 09:53:07 pm »
I wont make the meeting Saturday so I am trying to get some communication out.

In my replies I have said that for the last two weeks I had little opportunity to host people here since I had a house full of inlaws. Scott Brown came out and picked up the Radiator FAN Saturday (aug 2) morning. The only other person besides me and Scott that has taken parts so far is Charlie. I have tail lights That I need to Paypal (40) for still.

This Sunday aug 10 I have time I can commit to help pull the engine or what ever else may be needed.

I apologize Pat for the recent lack of availability but I explained it in my replies to voice mails emails and here on the forum that I was not available to do anything with the engine until this coming week somehow I didn't get the message out there.

Thank you for the call recently Charlie, I am doing ok work, weddings and my wife graduating College has taken all my spare time. Now that it is all passed will have some Fridays and weekends where I can finish this effort.

I would like to get my garage back soon so I will be more motivated to finish this up. I think I will be pulling the gas tank Sunday and possibly the radiator in order to drain the coolant system. I will take some pictures and post them here this Sunday at least.

Randy.
Randy ~ of Acworth

MetalBlue85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2014, 09:43:53 am »
Pat and I are going to pull the engine out this morning if anyone is interested in supervising or helping. He is not taking the Cradle so the car can still be moved on its own wheels.

Randy
Randy ~ of Acworth

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2014, 10:06:59 pm »
The engine is in the back of my truck now, and safely home. Randy's muscle was most helpful (stubborn bolts), and I gave him a few tips in trade. It was the first time I had pulled an engine with an automatic transmission -- I didn't know it was going to bleed trans fluid all over the driveway as soon as we got the torque converter out of the bell housing. Time for some kitty litter.

The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

MetalBlue85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2014, 09:22:36 pm »
Thanks for the Tips it was a long adventure - I am glad you are not using the torque converter its a little dinged up.

I wish I would have stopped to take pictures.

one step closer.
Randy ~ of Acworth

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2014, 10:26:47 pm »
Randy, be sure to put the axle halfshafts back into the hubs before rolling the cradle or car on it's wheels to keep from destroying the hubs, just in case someone wants them. 

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2014, 10:45:58 pm »
We put the cradle back in with the transmission still there, so all is good as far as the bearings is concerned.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

ron768

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2014, 10:31:11 am »
I need the right front upper and lower control arms for my 86GT. I will paypal the amount of 65.00 dollars this weekend (16th) to the club.
1985 2M6 SE, 1986 GT x 2.

MetalBlue85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2014, 08:31:36 pm »
Ron do your accept your offer?  ;D  We will have to plan the dismantle of those close to the tear down or delivery of the skeleton to the yard.

There are wheels and tires that the club doesn't own on this car, It looks like there will be some more tear down needed. All four quarter panels are in fair condition and the glass is good. The rear glass has the defrost in it there is a solid moon roof glass. I found a window removal kit from harbor freight to pull the wind shield. I need to remove the gas tank and the radiator to prepare for cutting it up for scrap.
Randy ~ of Acworth

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2014, 05:21:44 am »
Did you take (or have taken) the obligatory photo of yourself standing where the engine used to be?
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

MetalBlue85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2014, 08:36:08 pm »
I haven't yet but you give me ideas.

Ron,

I do not think I need the cherry Picker any longer at this point if there is a good time to move it. If you need to store it for a while that's ok too. It is convenient to jack the car up with.

If I find time to finish the dismantling I will start with pics and a spread sheet of what is left.

once I find either a junkyard or If I can get it cut down I will get all the rims rounded up. who do they go to?
Randy ~ of Acworth

aerodonamic

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2014, 08:20:38 pm »
I would like to see the fuel tank saved as there no other unit in the GM line that will cross over . And the sending unit same story. ED Parks was using Astro Van sending units but I dont know how much modification is necessary. I will bid 25.00 on the rear deck lid .aerodon