Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: New State Troopers  (Read 16126 times)

88_4mula

New State Troopers
« on: February 03, 2009, 02:19:41 pm »
I was cruising up 141 going to Cherokee NC, coming over the mountains...Got busted doing 72 up hill.
The officer said he wouldn't write me up for the 78mph coming down the other side...

I almost didn't pull over for hm.  He was driving a new Dodge Daytona. NO! markings of any kind on the car. Dark tinted windows. Just lights in the grill and on the visors. Just last year, here in Winder we had a nut running around in a fake cop uniform, car with lights, pulling over people.

But anyway...You should have seen his face when I did pull over...I'm driving a 20 year old car...
He driving a  Dodge Daytona Which may have lots of horsepower & looks.. but no grace...It took him quite a way to catch up with me.
He said "Sir, I clocked you at 72 going up the hill! ",  He then told me he couldn't belive I didn't use my breaks coming down the other side.
Thank Prothane for Poly bushings!! and Fuzion for really good tires.

So now I have to go to Sylva, NC Friday for court...Because for some reason, in NC, If you get a ticket of 15+ over the speed limit you have to show up in court so the judge can yell at you!

The moral of the story...Keep you Radar Detectors on at all times and watch at for those unmarked police cars..

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: New State Troopers
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 04:25:53 pm »
sneeky bastards.

i hard wired my detector to my overhead lights and it sits just above my rear view. i make sure to turn it on everytime i get in my car. especialy since we have a state trooper office just above us were in gainesville

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 05:39:32 pm »
Kevin, you could have saved yourself some money if you'd talked to John J. before going.  He found them sitting there when he was up there last year.  Should'a told him your brake lights didn't come on because you didn't have any brakes.  That's why you were running so fast.

Andy, don't let that detector lull you into a false sense of security.  Those things don't pick up the infrared until they've already got you.

Edit:  When you go to court tell the judge you knew you were over the speed limit, but you didn't realize how much.  The reason is that you put much larger tires on the car and it caused your speedometer to read slower than your actual speed.  Maybe it will get you below the 15mph threshold and keep the points off your license.  In Georgia, if you're 20 over, it's mandatory that they take your license and make you come to court.  Also, brag on your long extended time since having a traffic citation.  That's if you have a long extended record.  It got my $125 fine reduced to $20 in Tennessee.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 05:48:50 pm by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 06:56:11 pm »
Andy, don't let that detector lull you into a false sense of security.  Those things don't pick up the infrared until they've already got you.

i know, i know. luckily i didn't waste MY money on it, it was a gift(it's infrared and laser). i still like to have one

ron768

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 09:14:13 pm »
Warning to all who drive 441 going to Cherokee,,, the state troopers always sit on both sides of Cowee mountain here just outside of Franklin. sometimes you get thru without seeing them, sometimes you dont. NC has alot of un-marked cars and suv's that you never know who they are until the lights are flashing. From what I have seen and have been told all the chargers have the hemi engine, so unless you have a V8 you dont want to try them in a contest of speed. (dont ask me how I know)
1985 2M6 SE, 1986 GT x 2.

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 09:19:16 pm »
Well, I don't drive fast so I don't have anything to worry about.... ;D
Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

Flyboy81

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 02:54:38 am »
LMAO!  YEAH RIGHT ROBBIE!  lol!  Yeah also be on the look out for the unmarked NEW Ford Mustangs out there.  Chances are you can outrun them on a curvy road, but hey, radios pretty much outrun anything.  lol

88_4mula

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 05:00:15 pm »
OK! got up at 6am...drove 2+ hours, burned a tank of gas, wasted half a day stood in line in the courtroom for half an hour to pay a $165 fine. 
Could of been worst but...I don't get why they couldn't just let call, then send them a check...There wasn't even a judge.

The strange thing is the total. Check out the break down.

County Faculty Fee.......$12.00
LEOB 7 RF - ST  ...........   7.50
Fines..........................  35.00
DC-Crime Fees.............  92.50
DC-Court IDA Fees.......    7.50
Judge Phone Fee..........    1.00
County Officer Fee.......    5.00

Total.........................$169.00

Keep your keys open...and watch for the unmarked Police cars.