Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 86 Fiero at Auction  (Read 14899 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
86 Fiero at Auction
« on: October 13, 2014, 09:23:35 am »
This 86 Fiero is at Statewide Auto Auction on Simpson Circle off of Buford Highway in Norcross.  It will be auctioned on Oct. 18.  Essentially it's an 86 2m4 SE.  I don't know if the engine has been upgraded or not.

VIN: 1G2PF37R0GP215452
It's been converted to a fastback but the clear portion of the quarter windows have been painted over, probably due to crazing.

http://swsatlanta.com/auction-list---gallery.html
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: 86 Fiero at Auction
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 06:59:43 pm »
Interesting. Someone went to a lot of trouble to apparently replace every panel on an 86 with an 87 GT body. Either that or it was all repainted blue.
The interior is probably a mess, since it appears to have been sitting there with the window down a couple of inches.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 10:00:18 pm »
A friend of Ray's who has an auction permit or license went down to see the car.  He said it was a 5-speed with a 2.8.  Since the car was originally a 4-cylinder, I wonder if that isn't a 2.5, or like Raydar said, someone went to a lot of work to convert it.  The auction company said they weren't expecting to get more than 3-350 for it.  If anyone might be interested in going to the auction on Saturday morning, he might go and place your bids for you for a small fee, or maybe even for free since he's going to bid on the trailer. 

Let me know and I'll put you in touch. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 12:01:11 pm »
The car sold for $650 and was driven off the lot by the buyer.