Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Not running after driving a few miles  (Read 18347 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Not running after driving a few miles
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 08:16:32 pm »
If you resolve the issue, the light won't come back on, but the code is still in the ECM.  Be sure you record all trouble codes before clearing them.  To clear the trouble codes, with engine off, unplug the little black barrel connector near the battery.  It usually lays just below the positive terminal corner.  Leave it disconnected for about 30 seconds to a minute.  This is the ECM power supply.  By doing this, it's easier than disconnecting a battery cable and it also allows you to retain radio presets.  The car will need to be driven again for about 10 minutes at speeds over 35 so it can learn all the sensors again.  IT may run alitt le funky until it does. 

If you feel you need to replace your vacuum lines, Rodney Dickman offers a superior set of stainless lines that are a perfect fit, look very good and will probably never need replacing or repaired. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

WV Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 10:45:21 pm »
Thanks. I'll take a look at Rodney Dickman for stainless lines.
'88 Fiero Formula 2.8L v6

WV Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2014, 01:29:16 pm »
Going to hold off on Rodney Dickman's stainless steel lines for now. I did replace the TCC solenoid and the car isn't killing itself after driving it a while; however, it isn't shifting right. So, I've order the Transgo T64165 shift kit and will be installing it soon. I hope this fixes my problems with the shifting.

WV Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 06:19:41 pm »
Well, I installed the Transgo shift kit, and it did not fix my shifting problems. So, now I'll be saving up to have the transmission rebuilt.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2015, 09:01:24 am »
Have you tried adjusting the TVI cable?  I believe it enters the transmission in the area of the TCC switch and could have been disturbed during replacement of the switch. 

If all else fails, we have a good trans from the 86SE parts car that might soon be going to the crusher if no one takes it.  Since the engine is out of the car, it might be possible to remove it from the top without having to drop the cradle. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

WV Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 08:22:31 pm »
I'm thinking it is time to get a TH440 tranny.