Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: '85 GT for sale  (Read 15687 times)

tinman

• View Profile
'85 GT for sale
« on: July 13, 2015, 01:39:41 pm »
Well, I'm finally doing it and seeing what interest there is with my 1985 GT. For those of you who've seen it I think you'll agree, it's a nice survivor and needs nothing but someone who will give it some opportunity to enjoy it. I haven't driven it since the Boy Scout Car show last year, other than to town a couple of times to keep things limber.

I bought the car from a friend who bought it from the original owner in 1990. I believe it had about 36k on it when he got it and it has 80k now. He put the whale tail lid on it and I still have the original luggage rack lid if the new owner wants it. He put an aftermarket cd player in it, I do not have the original stereo. It's always been garaged since at least 1990.

The good:

-Paint shines nice.
-Interior is nearly flawless.
-Original R-12 A/C works very well.
-80k miles
-All four tires have good tread.
-front hatch/spare tire area looks like new inside.
-engine bay very clean and unmolested.
-original owners manual and maintenance guide
-No known leaks or mechanical issues. Touch the key and it starts immediately!

I did recently put in a new clutch master and slave cylinder so the 4 speed shifts very well now.

The bad:

-Passenger side sail is cracked but intact.
-Minor paint chips on the front.
-All tires are the same size but two different brands. (not very noticeable)
-the wheels are original and have clear-coat issues. (again, not REAL noticeable, but probably the weakest part of the car in my opinion)

If my pics don't take for some reason you can see the car in this thread, fourth pic down: http://www.gafiero.org/bbs/index.php?topic=1839.0

I have lots of pics on my phone that I can text or email if folks are interested, just let me know!

I am asking $5500 for the car. It does come with two extra stock wheels and brand new tires. They are 195/70/14 (I think), close to the actual size of the original tires so they will do in a pinch.

Feel free to call, text or email me with questions. 706-892-8166

Thank you!

Steve

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: '85 GT for sale
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 09:24:19 pm »

Can you bring it to the Warrior Project Car handover in Augusta? 
Maybe someone will be interested if we display enough Fieros.

Please don't put a For Sale sign in the window at the show.  But feel free to hand out contact cards and talk to people.  Usually a very friendly group.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

tinman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 10:10:25 pm »

Can you bring it to the Warrior Project Car handover in Augusta? 
Maybe someone will be interested if we display enough Fieros.

Please don't put a For Sale sign in the window at the show.  But feel free to hand out contact cards and talk to people.  Usually a very friendly group.

I will be in PA that weekend so I cannot make it to Augusta. That would be a great event to be a part of though!

I am not in a hurry to sell and I won't be sticking the car on the side of the road with a sign on it. If I can make it to a future club event with it I will. I will keep it on this forum and Pennock's and I might go to Craigslist later. (and I will post more pictures as soon as I have time to figure it out)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 10:50:51 pm »
If it isn't sold by September, the RFTH is right there in your living room.  Hope you will join us. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

tinman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 01:36:48 pm »

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 12:26:10 pm »
I had seen this car in person at the warrior dedication. It is almost mint and an excellent, unmolested example of the 85gt. Absolutely beautiful.
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 07:26:25 pm »
I had seen this car in person at the warrior dedication. It is almost mint and an excellent, unmolested example of the 85gt. Absolutely beautiful.

I've seen it as well, at the Boy Scout show in West GA. It's one of the most perfect '85 GTs I've ever seen. And I owned a new one in '85. :D