Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: THE 4TH!  (Read 14598 times)

f85gtron

• View Profile
THE 4TH!
« on: July 04, 2015, 07:19:09 am »
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! 
Let us not forget all those that fight and fought, behind the pen and behind the sword for our inalienable rights!  I've been around the world, seen a lot of things, but ALWAYS am excited to come back home!  True freedom is chaos, which no one can afford. While our government is far from perfect, somewhere in between democracy and communism, it's a republic, although no bananas here, it works for us. None of it would work without the resolve of the people that inhabit this land that is our nation.  We don't all agree on lot of issues, and I'm glad we're allowed that right! I believe it's not the land that makes us great, it's the people! 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIBERTY!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY USA!
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: THE 4TH!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 10:03:20 am »
Thank you, for a good write.  As I was reading your post, an Australian was speaking about America and what we have.  Not only what we have, but what the USA has done for the world.  He said that the world wouldn't be as safe and healthy as it is today if not for the US. 

Our military men and women of the World Wars, Korea, Vietnam and the wars of the middle east have kept most of the world free.  The US has contributed untold amounts of medicines and aid to nations during times of disaster.  Always first to give help and often first to be criticized for not doing enough.

Earlier this week, I saw people being interviewed on the street, being asked if they were proud to be an American.  They broke them down into 4 age categories and the younger the person, the less proud they were.  Just a moment ago, they showed a part of what was shown earlier in the week, indicating that in 2003, 70% of all interviewed said they were proud to claim to be American.  Today, that number is only 54%.

There have been 1.3 million US Service Men and Women who have given their lives for this nation.  There are 1.4 million men and women serving our armed services, today.  All volunteers who had some good ideas of the risk they may be taking by joining our military and they did it anyway.  Those are the people I'm really proud of.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 10:05:19 am by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

f85gtron

• View Profile
Re: THE 4TH!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 10:50:58 am »
  :D
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)