Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: need headlight motor for an 86  (Read 14813 times)

jeffwilson34

• View Profile
need headlight motor for an 86
« on: August 26, 2015, 01:18:27 am »
anyone have a old motor for an 86.  I was rebuilding mine and discovered that the brush that provides a contact point to give the armature power was missing.  It need not be working just a good set of electrical contacts.
I found a set of working ones from an 88 locally but he did not have the control box.
\

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: need headlight motor for an 86
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 06:29:03 am »
Check out ScottB's post, a few items down.
He has an entire 87-88 setup for sale, including the controleer, harness, and motors.
It'll make a nice plug 'n' play upgrade.
You can fix most anything that's wrong with the motors in about a half hour. Much less complicated than the array of relays and switches. The motor control works on current draw, so there are no fussy limit switches.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 07:56:43 am »
You would be very happy that you changed over to the Generation 2 system for the reasons Raydar described.  Smoother, quieter more dependable operation and easy to repair. 

I don't want to take away from Scott's sale but if you don't want to go that route, I have a limiter switch.  If you are or have rebuilt the motor, no need to get another motor, just the limiter. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

scottb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 12:06:09 pm »
Yep, i have the entire harness with the controller and 2 rebuilt motors ready to go.

jeffwilson34

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 03:30:13 pm »
Yep, i have the entire harness with the controller and 2 rebuilt motors ready to go.

if you still have them next month I will try and get them.
My extra cash for this month has already been used up along with part of next months.

\