Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 1985 fiero GTP!  (Read 14733 times)

f85gtron

• View Profile
1985 fiero GTP!
« on: October 01, 2015, 06:14:06 am »
Check out the body panels and front fascia.
http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/hppp-1303-1985-ppg-fiero-gtp/
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: 1985 fiero GTP!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 10:12:23 am »
That was a beautiful series of cars.  Not only the nose treatment, but the not so obvious rear hips and coke bottle shape hump of the rear fenders.  The rear lip spoiler is the ideal treatment to keep the long appearance when removing the spoiler.

I was looking at the engine compartment and I noticed that as it sits, there's possibility of some fire unless a wiring component is moved away from the Y-pipe heat shield.  The EGR system has been removed and the crankcase rebreather from the front valve cover has been routed to some other location or eliminated.  It doesn't go into the intake tube like ours.  The entire metal tubes on the firewall that originally served the EGR and rebreather system has also been removed. 

Then there is the intake.  It was mentioned in the article that the intake had been opened up to allow better breathing.  Knowing what we know of the intake, I assumed it was referring to the throttle body neck, but I see that the space between the cylinder runners has been filled.  I remember seeing something on PFF about how someone reworked the upper intake in this manner.  Our own FieroChild did that to one of his Fieros.  I don't remember if it was Kermit, or the 86SE SCCA car. 

Thanks for the article, Ron.  My early morning feel-good.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: 1985 fiero GTP!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 11:29:32 am »
I believe that Chuck got the intake idea from looking at the PPG car intake, or pictures of it.
I could be wrong, though. He had a pretty good idea of what he wanted.