Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Club's Formula Fastback  (Read 61969 times)

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: Club's Formula Fastback
« Reply #270 on: January 11, 2019, 08:28:09 pm »
Gotcha! McDonough is pretty nice. Know some people (not Fiero people, though) who live in Ellenwood. Which is just north of McDonough.
The Summit Racing warehouse is right down in that area, off of I-75. You ought to check it out. I could get "broke" in that place. :D

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 11, 2019, 10:56:44 pm »
They take walk-ins?

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 12, 2019, 08:03:29 am »
They take walk-ins?

Absolutely. Should have mentioned it's a big retail outlet, too.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 19, 2019, 05:02:30 pm »
At one point, I had considered buying this Fiero.  My thought at the time was to leave it with the rough body finish, call it the "Grey Ghost", and just use it for fun.  Of course, my white Fiero is presentable, so Ixd have had that option.

The rough body does not cooperate with radar detectors.  License plates are particularly reflective to compensate for this.  COPs also like to use cameras on everything, so I have used angled yellowed plate covers.  The yellow came from age, and I just keep it around, because I can honestly say it got old.  The cover has other properties that only allow the plate to be viewed from directly behind.  So, no driving by my house and scanning my plate.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #274 on: January 19, 2019, 07:35:01 pm »
License plate covers of any opacity aren't allowed in Georgia.  License plate frames that cover or partially cover the state at the top, the renewal decal or county at the bottom are also illegal.  Oddly, they feel the name of the county can't be covered, we have an alternate decal that replaces the county.  It reads "In God We Trust". 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 19, 2019, 07:37:29 pm »
Yeah.  More freedom here.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 10, 2019, 12:42:15 pm »
The rear bumper appears to be the stock Formula bumper.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #277 on: February 10, 2019, 02:31:02 pm »
The only change to the car was that the rear clip, decklid and tail lights were swapped.  Front and rear fascias are Formula.

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 03, 2019, 02:10:16 pm »
I'm curious if this was a high-mileage vehicle.

NoMad

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 03, 2019, 02:34:50 pm »
I would guess it was fairly high mileage. The odometer in ir read 157k miles but the title had indication of being inaccurate. Lots of stuff shows a good bit of life lived and lots of replaced parts so I would guess it has seen many a mile. Since it is my daily driver it is certainly racking up the miles fast with how much driving I do.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 03, 2019, 02:37:49 pm »
The problems you're having make more sense, given that context.  Since you're driving it, the issues are apparently not show-stoppers.

NoMad

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 03, 2019, 02:40:09 pm »
No, I am enjoying the challenges and character of the car. Plus as I fix and modify things it becomes more and more "my car" which I really enjoy.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #282 on: March 03, 2019, 03:18:03 pm »
I think the odometer is correct.  In Georgia, after so many years, they list the mileage on the title as exempt, unknown, or inaccurate.  They tried to list the 88 Lil Duke Coupe that way when I got it, but I knew it was a one owner car and had never been changed.  Car Faxes and AutoCheks are good ways of checking mileage.  That's what I did on my 86, and surprisingly, after going through 3 other club member owners, it was the original odometer. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 03, 2019, 03:18:42 pm »
I know what you mean.  For better or worse, my Fiero is mine.  It is unique.  I have people as far away as Florida report seeing pictures of mine, because people tried to replicate what I did, either by using mine as a template, or just using the idea.  So, my Fiero showed up as an example on some vendors' web sites.  Oddly, I'm trying to duplicate a prior Fiero.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 03, 2019, 03:22:28 pm »
Mine has the original odometer.  I think I'm the 4th owner, but one previous owner only bought this one long enough to flip it.  All my gauges are original, although I may have to change the temp/fuel gauge, due to damage.

My first Fiero only had 139K on it, and all the gauges were original.  I bought it at 121K.