Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Need some solid advice on rear collision repair  (Read 17345 times)

f85gtron

• View Profile
Re: Need some solid advice on rear collision repair
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2015, 12:13:19 pm »
Try boiling water.
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2016, 06:01:14 pm »
It was good meeting you yesterday. I had forgotten about this thread until we talked yesterday.
Did you find a replacement bumper bar and energy absorber?

I'm committed for, probably, the next three weekends, but after that I should be able to come up and see if I can make myself useful. I can also shoot you John's (the body man) info if you need it.

Karidan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2016, 11:58:33 pm »
Hey!

Great meeting you too. Meant to reply earlier but this has been a crazy week  :-\

Yes, the group was kind enough to pass a slightly used but very well loved bumper reinforcement my way along with a good absorber. I took a couple of pics side by side with the replacement- didn't realize how bent my old one was. I set it on some sawhorses and set my bumper cover on it and hopefully gravity will do its work. I lashed it through the bolt holes with parachute cord to hold it straight and tight against the bar. I'll check it out this weekend and maybe apply a little heat and see if I can reshape it a bit.

I'm busy too for the next couple of weekends but I'll hit you up toward the end of the month and see if we can get together. It would give me some time to clean up too, seriously it looks like Fiero threw up in here.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 06:14:44 am »
Man... That place is immaculate compared to mine. Good luck with the bumper cover.