Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Doing great  (Read 17463 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Doing great
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 11:22:05 am »
The outcome couldn't have been better.  A minimum removal was required, only to get the affected length of colon.  There was enough blood supply to support the remaining portion.  Pathology of lymph nodes shows no signs of spread but I will need tests every 3 months for a few years just as a safeguard.  No chemo or radiation will be needed.

Staples were removed yesterday and a couple of places on the incision opened up.  They repaired that with Doctors Duct Tape, so I'm prohibited from lifting for about 3 months. 

Melanie and I are very grateful for your support through visits, phone calls, cards and prayer.  We are blessed to have friends like all of you. 

When your doctor asks you when was the last time you had a PSA test, a colonoscopy, a PAP smear, or a mammogram, if you haven't had one within the recommended time span, be sure to schedule one immediately.  I didn't.  This might have been prevented had I followed doctors recommendations at my last colonoscopy. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 02:34:16 pm »
Glad to hear you're doing well!  Is shifting gears considered lifting?
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 03:25:46 pm »
I don't know but non-power steering may be equivalent.

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Robs Fieros

• President of the East Tennessee Fiero Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2016, 07:11:55 pm »
I sure am glad you're back. I will be soon.
President of East Tennessee Fiero Club

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2016, 10:23:19 pm »
For those of you that don't know, Robbie has been in the hospital for the past couple of weeks.  He still has the infection in his leg from the accident many years ago.  They still haven't taken the rod out of his leg.  He also had to have one of his toes removed, which is the main reason for the hospitalization.  Spoke with him tonight and he's due to go home in a few days. 

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2016, 10:36:36 pm »
 :(
Sorry to hear this news about you Robbie.  Here's hoping you're better very soon!   ;D
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2016, 01:43:54 pm »
As I have not been here for a while, it seems we have missed quite a bit. I wanted to send our well-wishes from across the pond and hope you get well real soon Charly.
Please also give our best to Mel.

\D
Life is good!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2016, 05:26:03 pm »
Thank you, Don.  I'm well.  I go back on May 2 for my first blood test follow-up to see if any thing shows up, but for the moment I've been given the all clear signal.  Mel's doing as well as can be expected.  Occasional flareups of RA and the pollen being major events for her. 

Hope Anne and Shanine are good, too.  I had recently asked Roger if he'd heard from you and he said he hadn't.  We were wondering how you were doing and how your health was holding up.  I had checked your signature link months ago and couldn't get through.  Update your profile so we can contact you from time to time. 

Kind Regards