Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 2016 Run For The Hills # 21  (Read 29746 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: 2016 Run For The Hills # 21
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2016, 09:24:20 pm »
Looks like it's just me and you, Scott.  I believe I have some, but they'd be out in my building in bunches of bolts and nuts.  I can mail one to you after we get back. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2016, 08:46:47 am »
A very enjoyable day, yesterday.  Good weather with only a couple of sprinkles.  Lots of Nissan Z's to play with on The Dragon and Hwy 28.  We met up with Former Member and donor of the 88GT Warrior Pro9ject car, Mike Barr, when we got to Gatlinburg. 

Here are a couple of pictures taken along our route.  More to come later today.

Looking toward Knoxville from the Foothills Parkway.

Just a little of the 13 miles of river alongside the River Gorge Road as we approached Gatlinburg.

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

scottb

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2016, 12:20:18 pm »
There were a couple of small issues yesterday. First, after driving War Woman Road I felt a vibration and after stopping found a wheel with some loose lugnuts. Oops, my fault after rotating tires.

The other problem was a rookie driver trying to keep up with a maniac on the Dragon resulting in overheated brakes. Lesson learned there.

It was a very good drive, there will be something for everyone. Looking very forward to doing it again

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2016, 12:54:55 pm »

The other problem was a rookie driver trying to keep up with a maniac on the Dragon resulting in overheated brakes. Lesson learned there.

I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or a slap in the back of the head.  But I do agree, it was a very enjoyable drive.  Some new territory, even for most of our regular RFTH participants.  Maybe we'll also get to see some of the new scenery Scott and I saw.

On River Gorge Road.  Photo by Scott Brown

BEAR!

Photo by Charles Sewell
ELK!

Photo by Scott Brown
ELKS!  :D

One dumb woman with New York plates on her vehicle actually got out and walked to the middle of the lane to take a picture.  Had to yell at her that it wasn't such a good idea because they could be dangerous.  But the most stupid of all were the 50 or so people standing in the roadway looking up the tree at the BEAR!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 01:18:38 pm by Fierofool »

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2016, 05:52:59 pm »
One dumb woman with New York plates on her vehicle actually got out and walked to the middle of the lane to take a picture.  Had to yell at her that it wasn't such a good idea because they could be dangerous.  But the most stupid of all were the 50 or so people standing in the roadway looking up the tree at the BEAR!

It must be safe. The Crocodile Hunter does it all the time! 
Wait...

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2016, 10:27:14 pm »

LAST UPDATE 5/27/2017 AT 12:22 PM EST

This is what I have for hotel reservations in Gatlinburg, and Clayton, Ga. .

CLAYTON, GA. HOTEL ARRANGEMENTS AT DAYS INN
Address: 54 Hwy 441 N, Clayton, GA 30525
Phone:(706) 782-4258

DOUBLE ROOMS $76.46 PLUS $19.66 TAX.
SOME HAVE MADE RESERVATIONS AT LOWER RATES THROUGH AARP OR ONLINE SERVICES.  WE HAVE BLOCKED 20 ROOMS, BUT I SUGGEST THAT YOU TRY TO FIND LOWER RATES ONLINE.  THEY WOULDN'T BUDGE FROM THEIR STANDARD RATES, EVEN FOR OUR GROUP.
IF YOU DO MAKE DIRECT RESERVATIONS, PLEASE TELL THEM YOU ARE PART OF THE    GEORGIA FIEROS GROUP. 

NO PETS ALLOWED AT THE EDGEWATER HOTEL

You must tell them you are part of the Georgia Fieros or Georgia Fiero Club Group

The hotel is:

THE EDGEWATER AT THE AQUARIUM

HOTEL AND CONFERENCE CENTER

PO Box 170, 402 River Road

Gatlinburg, TN 37738

Reservations/Front Desk: 800-423-9582

www.edgewater-hotel.com

Room Rates

Rooms are all Double Queen. There are only a limited number of King bed rooms available so we didn't get a price. Possibly some jaccuzzi rooms too, but those are also outside our group rates.

Double/Queen $100.00

I have asked for all rooms to be on the front overlooking the river and the city. All rooms have private balconies.

Group rate includes a complimentary continental breakfast.

Served 7:00 am – 10:00 am daily.

Rates are net, non-commissionable and do not include current state and local tax which is 12.75%.

Arrival & Departure Dates September 17-18, 2016

Sat/09/17

Double/Queen 20 Rooms have been blocked for our group.

Cut-off Date

Cut-off Date Thursday, August 18, 2016

Reservations received within your organization’s room block will be accepted until the cut-off date,

which is Thursday, August 18, 2016. Any remaining unreserved rooms will be released back to the

hotel. Reservation requests received after the cut-off date are subject to rack rate and space availability.

While we do our best to honor every request that is made, unfortunately we cannot guarantee room types

or floor levels.

Reservations Policies

INDIVIDUAL CALL-IN RESERVATIONS: Georgia Fiero Club is set up for their attendees to call

in and make their own reservations. The Individuals will be required to pay first nights room and tax at

the time the reservation is being made. Reservations can be made by contacting our 24-hour reservations

department at 1-800-423-9582 and identifying themselves as a ”Georgia Fiero Club” attendee to receive

the above discounted rate.

Reservations received within your organization’s room block will be accepted until the cut-off date, which is 30

days prior to the group’s arrival date. (Aug. 17 cut-off) Any remaining unreserved rooms will be released back to the hotel.

Reservation requests received after the cut-off date are subject to rate and space availability. While we do our

best to honor every request that is made, unfortunately we cannot guarantee special group room rate or room

types.

Reservation Policies

All reservations must be guaranteed by a major credit card or advance deposit of first nights room and tax by

contacting our 24-hour reservation department at 1-800-423-9582.

Check-in time is 4:00pm and check-out time is 11:00am.

Parking in Gatlinburg is at a premium and is Pay Parking. Edgewater has a parking deck free to hotel guests. It's also located on the Gatlinburg Trolley to make getting to and from our restaurant hassle-free. There is a stop directly in front of the hotel.

NO PETS ALLOWED IN THE HOTEL

SATURDAY EVENING GROUP DINNER

SATURDAY EVENING DINING WILL BE 7:30 PM AT CALHOUN'S BBQ.  WE HAVE A RESERVED PATIO.  EACH PERSON WILL BE ABLE TO ORDER FROM THEIR STANDARD DINNER MENU AND WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN MEAL.  ADULT BEVERAGES ALSO SERVED. 

THEIR MENU CAN BE VIEWED AT THIS LINK
http://www.calhouns.com/634af711ea_sites/www.calhouns.com/files/104_106_108_121_125_Calhouns_Menu_Pellissippi_111015.pdf

LAST UPDATE 5/27/2017 AT 12:22 PM EST

Double Queen Room

River View From The Balcony
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 08:19:51 am by Fierofool »

Robs Fieros

• President of the East Tennessee Fiero Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2016, 07:11:36 pm »
Nice rooms, I might consider going. My gold 86GT is back at home now and I've been driving it.
President of East Tennessee Fiero Club

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2016, 12:37:51 pm »
Just 1 month left to make your reservations at the Edgewater in Gatlinburg and receive the club discount.  The Clayton, Ga. window is essentially open up until the day of the event as the Days Inn wouldn't give us a group discount.  You may find better prices at Days Inn on some of the online sites.

This year, there will not be a fundraising raffle.  Each year, we request product and service donations from the many Fiero product and service vendors, but we won't be doing that due to the difficulty of transporting donated products from one point to another during our travels. 

The only item we will have for fundraising this year will be our Event T-shirts.  The profit from their sales will help us to continue our charity events.  I would like to urge you to purchase a shirt this year, even if you don't wear it, put it away as a souvenir of the event.  This is the base image of the T-shirt design, before we apply the graphics.

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2016, 12:47:43 pm »
Got my reservation for the Days Inn in Clayton for the 16th and at the Edgewater for the 17th. (thanks Charlie!)

The Edgewater won't guarantee what room you get until the morning of your arrival.

I saved $21 for the Days Inn by going to https://refer.booking.com/s/5aswh
and you can too!

They did promise a bathtub full of grits and a duck that quacks with a lisp.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 03:13:55 pm by Roger »
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2016, 04:51:13 pm »
Has anyone on here made reservations at Edgewater in Gatlinburg using the Georgia Fiero Club group discount?  I spoke with them today and they said that there is only 1 other reservation besides mine. 

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2016, 12:38:56 pm »
Well, I guess I should have asked has anyone here made reservations at Edgewater using any other method

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2016, 03:12:32 pm »
I reserved a couple of rooms today.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2016, 11:35:27 am »
Now taking orders for RFTH 21 t-shirts. Order your shirts here, or send payment to:

Georgia Fieros
287 Park Place
Auburn, Ga. 30011-3035

This year, all sizes are $24.00.
Deadline Sept. 9
Delivered at the event.
Postage extra for mail delivery.

The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2016, 05:36:13 pm »
A reminder:  If you are attending the event and plan to stay at the Edgewater in Gatlinbufg, you only have until the 18tho to make reservations.

carnut122

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2016, 10:33:51 pm »
I just made my reservation at the Days Inn in Clayton.  I'll see y'all on the 16th!