Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Has anyone seen your Fiero today?  (Read 39220 times)

GTXVette

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone seen your Fiero today?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2017, 07:32:45 am »
Saw a Nice Silver car at The Piedmont rd.Church B O P C show yesterday morning, Hung around for a couple Hours but the Owner Never came back that I could tell .I thought they may be Helping with the Show So Didn't meet , Dissapointed, went to 3 Different  Shows and that was the Only Fiero in what was possibly 3-400 cars.  the Marietta show 1,  Canton 0,  Cumming 0 . so where did Ya'll Go?  Today Sunday 5/7/17  a little Show is in Ball Ground across from the Burger Bus in Downtown starts 1ish. As the Man Say's "Come On Down"  OhOhOh  going to look at a buick aluminum 215 V8 to Possibly use in the "Hot Rod"  they only weigh 318 Lbs. so that is a bit lighter then the 3.4 in it Now. and they can be stroked to around 305CI with a crank swap.!!

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2017, 08:05:25 am »
PG!  Wow.  In my head, you looked so...different.  I had no idea!

Do the spoiler holes leak?  Is that black part of a racing stripe, or a reflection?

Didn't include any selfies...

Not sure what stripe you're talking about, so it must be a reflection...

Only had the spoiler holes leak a few drops after a massive rain.  Put some trim trees in there and they hold fine.

Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 08:19:01 am »
I marked both images:

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2017, 08:45:56 am »
That's the Junior Daughter.  The dark spot is the shadow of someone standing off-camera.  You can see the continuation on the ground.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2017, 08:55:13 am »
Figured she wasn't PG.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2017, 09:32:44 am »

Sorry to disappoint you.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2017, 09:38:39 am »
LOL!  No.

Nice Fiero, though.  My favorite color.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2017, 10:43:21 pm »
I picked up the granddaughter at Pre-K today and had to stop by the grocery store on the way home.  As we came oot of the store, I saw a man and woman posing on either side of the yellow 86.  They looked to be well into their 50's.  An early teenager was taking their picture.  As we approached, they were walking up another lane and I shouted across, "It's for sale!"  The guy shouted back something about a nice car but the kid's too young.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2017, 02:46:15 pm »
Today I was standing next to my yellow Fiero in the work parking lot, holding down one of the sail panels (because the double-stick tape keeps coming loose, and I had put some plastic epoxy under it). A nice older lady in a late model car drove up, and asked if she could take a picture of my "P-car". I said OK, but that I'd have to stand there, because I was  holding some glue. She explained that she used to work at the Fiero plant, and how it was a different working environment from other car plants. She said she later got transferred to a plant in Florida. She took a couple of pictures (from different angles). I told her about the club (but couldn't give her anything in writing, since I was holding down the sail panel). Maybe she'll remember and log on.
BTW, For those of you who don't know, "P-car" (or actually "P-body") is the internal GM designation for a Fiero.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 02:49:54 pm by TopNotch »
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2017, 03:08:37 pm »

Cool!

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2017, 09:02:01 am »

Yesterday, as I was getting in my car, a Navy guy in shark-camos came over and checked out my car. 
"Don't see these around.  Nice", he said.

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2017, 02:39:45 pm »
I hope she does log in and tells us some stories!

Today I was standing next to my yellow Fiero in the work parking lot, holding down one of the sail panels (because the double-stick tape keeps coming loose, and I had put some plastic epoxy under it). A nice older lady in a late model car drove up, and asked if she could take a picture of my "P-car". I said OK, but that I'd have to stand there, because I was  holding some glue. She explained that she used to work at the Fiero plant, and how it was a different working environment from other car plants. She said she later got transferred to a plant in Florida. She took a couple of pictures (from different angles). I told her about the club (but couldn't give her anything in writing, since I was holding down the sail panel). Maybe she'll remember and log on.
BTW, For those of you who don't know, "P-car" (or actually "P-body") is the internal GM designation for a Fiero.
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2017, 07:10:21 pm »

Shoulda posted this first story about a month ago, but I was heading out on my Summer vacation (Saw amongst other things, America's Packard Museum in Dayton.  Not to be confused with The National Packard Museum, which is not in Dayton). 

I'd just finished a class in Harlem Georgia | Birthplace of Oliver Hardy, when a father and son who are restoring a building came over to ask about my car.  Chatted for awhile and gave them both GA Fiero Club cards.  They were impressed and surprised how inexpensive Fieros are. 

The second story happened Sunday.  I dragged my wife to nearby Clark's Hill Lake and forced her to take pictures of my car for the Fiero Store calendar (She has a new camera).  Told her she could add Calendar Car to her resume if one of her photos was selected.  Anyway, a guy drove over and asked if I was getting ready to sell, "Nice looking car", he said.

The Fiero Stories keep going...

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2017, 08:28:00 am »
I took this week as ”vacation”, which means I worked less, mostly from home.  I did have to run by a client's business yesterday afternoon, though.  I drove the Fiero.  About an hour into the job, a group of guys asked me if the ''GTR-5” was mine.  Apparently, quite a fan, but I wasn't sure that they knew it's a Fiero.  Since the engine dies if you don't keep the throttle open, among other issues, I was a bit glad he didn't show up when I left.

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2017, 07:47:41 pm »
Just tell 'em it has a high-lift cam and won't idle low.
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.