Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Has anyone seen your Fiero today?  (Read 39237 times)

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone seen your Fiero today?
« Reply #240 on: June 17, 2021, 02:45:26 pm »

Didn't even have to leave my garage today.  HVAC repairman walks in and says, "Wow! That's nice."
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 26, 2021, 12:36:13 pm »
I stopped at the local Publix store in my white Formula, and a lady came up and asked to take pictures of my car. She said she used to have one, and hadn't seen one in a long time. So I let her snap a couple of pictures on her phone. Afterwards, I heard her talking to someone on her phone, in a foreign language, possibly Korean (there are a lot of Koreans in this area), and i heard the word "Fiero".
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2021, 07:32:38 pm »

Had a few comments recently.  A week ago we were at the SC Visitor Center on I-20 when a trucker paid a compliment.  Asked if folks try to buy it from me.

On the way to the car show in Auburn, a young guy at a Burger King drive-thru asked what it was and kept saying nice. 

While filling up, an older gentleman asked what year my car was and if it was hard to get parts.  Then he told me it looked good.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 02, 2021, 02:25:33 pm »

While driving home I noticed a C3 broken down on the side of the road and a couple of guys chatting.  I had to pass them before turning around to help and noticed in my rear view mirror one of them was pointing at my car.  Turns out the 1980 'vette was just flooded, but both guys had to sit in my car and check it out.

AJ_87Fiero

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 16, 2021, 12:24:20 pm »
Some snotty neighbors in my community:

Day 1: I wouldn't even pay a grand for that piece of scrap
My response: Sure,  I understand....

Day 4: It sits very low..not bad either...good angles and smooth front. Clean it out already, it'll look good!
My response: Thank you. that's one of the reasons I got it

Day 6: How much did they used to go for new, like $30K?
(I didn't want to correct them when they said $30k in 1987 $ LOL..which, adjusted to inflation is $72K today!)
My response: idk, maybe, i haven't checked that out yet..something like that...one can't put a money value on that thing

Yesterday: An 80-yr old neighbor who rarely comes out of the house hails me down as I'm finishing my walking routine and says "have you seen my husband? he said he's going to go check out your car 20mins ago. can you tell him to come back home?" :D
My response: He borrowed it to take his girlfriend out for a spin... you should come check it out too, Ma'am!

This weekend: The 84yr old husband is going to get his picture taken sitting in it/posing on the hood, with a cigar, bandanna and shades to send to his teenage grandkids up north, because they sent him cool pics of their first car.

*Satisfied Owner*
87 Fiero Coupe

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 16, 2021, 02:18:43 pm »

If you adjust for inflation, an '88 GT would cost around $30K in 2021 dollars.

Wreck It Ralph

• Wreck it Ralph
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 16, 2021, 07:43:17 pm »
That seems reasonable.
1988 Fiero Base 4cyl 5spd.
1986 Fiero GT ... Parting out. Let me know if you need something.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 17, 2021, 08:29:34 am »

Many of the latter Newsletters have Fiero values with original MSRP and 2020-ish inflation adjusted values.

AJ_87Fiero

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 21, 2021, 02:33:29 pm »
I stopped at the local Publix store in my white Formula, and a lady came up and asked to take pictures of my car. She said she used to have one, and hadn't seen one in a long time. So I let her snap a couple of pictures on her phone. Afterwards, I heard her talking to someone on her phone, in a foreign language, possibly Korean (there are a lot of Koreans in this area), and i heard the word "Fiero".
Be careful - she could be saying "Assemble the Crew. We got work. Awesome new fiero. I'll tag the driver, see where he lives. Alpha team will take positions at night. Get the tools" :D :d  ;D :o :o

Just joking...the reason I said this is because I volunteer with the Police Dept and I hear there have been lots of stolen vehicle reports coming in county-wide near the metros. The pandemic made people vulnerable and the current chip shortage made it lucrative for them!
87 Fiero Coupe

AJ_87Fiero

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 21, 2021, 02:35:44 pm »

If you adjust for inflation, an '88 GT would cost around $30K in 2021 dollars.
Yes, sir. $30k worth of pure joy and the pride of ownership and sheer driving pleasure and envy of haters everywhere :)
87 Fiero Coupe

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #250 on: December 27, 2021, 02:36:44 pm »
Took the 86SE out for some running around, today.  First time in a couple of months.  Getting fuel and a guy pulled up to the storefront and walks back to look it over and talk.  Then as I was headed out to do some errands, I was turning a corner and a guy had his hand out the window giving a thumbs up.  Had to stop at the bank to get some cash and because the ATM is too high (No, the Fiero isn't too low) I had to get out and stand at the ATM.  A guy pulls in behind me and yells out to ask if I would sell it.  He'd been wanting one for a long time but didn't see them any more.  Posted his want on The Market. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 27, 2021, 04:53:22 pm »

You're having a good time Fierofool.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #252 on: December 27, 2021, 09:42:12 pm »
Yeah,  Kind of made my day.  I probably could have sold it right there but my granddaughter was with me and she's made it very clear that she wants it when she's old enough. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

AJ_87Fiero

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 03, 2022, 01:57:15 pm »
Do the spoiler holes leak?  Is that black part of a racing stripe, or a reflection?
i know it's mentioned in a different context, but when it rains, the holes where the stock spoiler sits, leaks. Pretty noticeable. Is this normal? Is there a quick fix for this?
87 Fiero Coupe

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #254 on: January 03, 2022, 02:30:07 pm »
Remove the nuts equally to prevent breaking the stands.  I use a dab of windshield setting tape flattened on each hole.  Install the wing, put a  bit of antisieze on the end of the studs and install the nuts.