Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Introduction and my misc items  (Read 48275 times)

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 09:26:50 am »
I suspect that when Charlie or Pat is doing the screening (as opposed to a machine that is looking for "absolutes") it's fairly easy to tell who is real and who is a spambot or other nefarious entity.
Glad you are here, regardless.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 10:39:56 am »
I'm curious about something, tshark. How good are those headlights on your car at illuminating the road at night? They look good, but my night vision isn't the best, and I need good headlights to drive at night.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 11:00:26 am »
They seem better than stock.  That having been said, they aren't aimed properly, and have other issues I'm not happy with.

With the stock lights, I could see they were up, and light was coming out, but the dim illumination they provided wasn't enough.  I still have the stock lights.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 11:37:23 am »
I have housings like these. They replace stock sealed beam bulbs, and allow you to use replaceable H4 bulbs instead. Only I have LED H4 bulbs in mine instead of regular H4 bulbs. I can see better with the whiter light the LED bulbs make.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 01:06:09 pm »
I have those, also.  Just not installed.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 08:31:31 pm »
This is an example of the latest registrant.  Out of Kansas City, but probably not involved with Fieros.  Good IP, but--

Userame Phillippoogy

Email address   z.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa00@gmail.com
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2016, 08:18:23 am »
Probably not.

When I was in college, we played a lot of billiards.  I was really bad--and am much worse now, since I haven't played in many years.  When I'd shoot, the cue ball would head right toward it's intended target, then  hop over or around the target at the moment before impact.  In one instance, the cue ball ”passed” its target on the rail.  Some people thought I did this on purpose, and gave me a nickname.  This nickname stuck, even after the other college nicknames were dropped.  Eventually, I started using the nickname, as here.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2016, 10:22:17 am »
Good looking car, and nice headlights.

I concur.
Are those the "Projector Retrofit" lights? Or Danyel's? Or are they "one offs"?
I'm thinking about a set for my project, on down the line a bit.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2016, 11:04:52 am »
Projector Retrofit

Danyel never completed his 60/90mm sets.  At least not that I saw.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 07:29:17 am by tshark »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2016, 07:19:32 pm »
I see a lot of good things in this forum.  PM's come through to email, the new thread/post indicators are nice.  The color scheme is bright.  The site is very fast.  It alerts you of messages almost real-time.  You can see recent posts easily below while drafting a post.

People seem positive.  Too bad I'm about 600 miles away.

I do have a difficulty with changing pages, due to the dimunitive size of the page numbers, but perhaps I'm missing something.

LOL!  I just found the forum profile.  Lots of interesting questions there.  IQ?  200, of course.  Just kidding. But it took me a moment to realize what they wanted.  I had no idea ICQ was still around.  I quit using it many years ago.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:18:03 pm by tshark »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2016, 08:47:30 pm »
Other features are that when you click "Post" you will get a red prompt that someone has posted a reply while you were typing, asking you if you want to continue. 

After you post, you can go back to the top of the page and click the orange HOME to keep from going through the back button steps.  Expand your screen to better separate the page numbers. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2016, 09:00:44 pm »

People seem positive.  Too bad I'm about 600 miles away.

We try to keep this as family-friendly as possible.  We invite all persuasions to become members, but we've never tolerated vulgarity.  I don't think we've even ever had anything posted that was NSFW. 

I think I made it to St. Louis in about 8 hours.  We left here on a morning, and pulled in at The Hampton Inn on Pear Tree Lane in St. Ann before dark.  And I had 3 women and a dog in the car.  You're close enough to make Run For The Hills, next year. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2016, 09:32:13 pm »
Good to know about the Home button.  Yes, that's helpful.  I've already had the popup.  IMO, these things make the user experience much better.

Yeah, I can expand my screen, but apparently I'd rather complain.  I mean, that was the only obvious room for improvement.  Page navigation is the only area of improvement.

Oh.  Next year, the plan is for Fierorama.  2018 - 35th, 2019 - Shipman

Of couse, we'll see what actually happens.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 09:56:30 pm by tshark »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2017, 08:51:12 pm »
Today weighed heavily on my mind.  I thank God for the relatively peaceful transfer of power today.  I pray for peace, cooperation, and understanding, going forward.

My kids watched the entire last 18 months of the electoral process unfold.  Now that they're old enough to write, they had to take notes on each candidate, and develop their own opinions.  Some of the issues escape them, of course, but so do some of the nastier aspects of the last 18 months, fortunately.

For the purposes of my kids' education, all personal aspects of the candidates were left alone, and only the issues were debated.

My kids have come to know the names of world leaders in other countries, and of people in both the incoming and outgoing administration.  My kids have been watching the vetting of Trump's nominees.  Before we watched, we discussed the position and duties of the nominee.  Then the kids were given a chance to write their own questions.  After each session, we discussed the questions that were asked. 

I have 2 take-aways:
1. Even my kids want to know why these people can't get along.
2. My kids are innocent.  I wish Congress would have asked some of the questions my kids asked.

My kids got to see the electoral process at work, and learn a bit about our government.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2017, 09:47:23 pm »
Knowing your age, I suspect your kids are close to legal age.  Good to know teenagers are interested.  Maybe suggest that you attend some of your city Council meetings where they can better see the workings of government.  Officials are more accessible, and individuals have more input and aren't as easily ignored as in The Swamp.  Once they become 18, they could volunteer for some of the city boards, like Planning and Zoning or Zoning Board of Appeals.  That's how I got my start in politics back in '93 and learned an awful lot about government.  I still serve on one of the boards I was appointed to in '93.  It was an unpaid position until just 5 years ago.  I served on 3 boards at the same time, with one County board only paying $10 per month.  Not rewarding monitarily, but very satisfying in a civic responsibility way.