Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Introduction and my misc items  (Read 48274 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction and my misc items
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2017, 08:17:08 pm »
Well, I replaced the alternator on my wife's truck, but still have follow-ups.  I'm not up to a 16-hour drive, yet.

Anyway, my Fiero isn't ready.  I'm supposed to pick it up on 4/8.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2017, 05:37:30 am »
Replaced the fuel pump on my wife's truck.  ”Robust” model fuel pump required.  No, ”robust” fuel pumps don't last longer, move more fuel, or anything like that. They have a shield. ”Robust” is a euphemism for more expensive.

My poor Fiero needs new tri-links.  I hope TFS has them in stock.  The rubber on mine is gone.  Probably why the back end behaves so oddly.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2017, 09:13:13 am »
Back when I had my Dodge truck, I had to replace the fuel pump.  I was amazed at how "robust" it was.  About the size of a quart jar and probably weighed 3 lbs.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2017, 09:19:34 am »
This fuel pump had ”robust” in the product description.  I suppose the fuel pump wasn't technically bad, but the valve wouldn't close, and there was no pressure, because the fuel would just cycle back into the tank.  Since the valve also required dropping the tank, the pump has 230K on it, and the pump is 14 years old, it was time to replace.  Not my favorite.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2017, 10:19:34 pm »
I found this:

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2017, 10:23:56 pm »
And this:

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2017, 10:24:55 pm »
And this:

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2017, 10:31:27 pm »
My son wants one of these:

It was new, not yet available for purchase, at the time this picture was taken.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 07:38:47 pm by tshark »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2017, 06:35:50 pm »
I have a love/hate relationship with my work, but a good relationship with food.  The candy bowl and cookie jar are nice, as are the morning donuts.  I'm not much on bagels, or those cheese/egg things.  I don't like the parfait --too  highfalutin'.

This morning, Egg McMuffins showed up, and breakfast was catered (for the board, but everyone got a plate of goodies).

We have this thing where drinks and snacks are served.  I call it Thirsty Tenant, but it's on Thirsdays, and it's officially Thirsty Thursdays. Coming up soon is a baseball thingy for the first game of the year, for which baseball foods will be served, and the game put on the big screen.  We just finished our annual BBQ contest.  I got into trouble for putting shredded cheese and chilli on the hot dogs.  Apparently, the chilli is supposed to be eaten separately.

We have an annual Christmas party, with prizes and games and lots of catered food.  There's a summmer BBQ, reunion w/food trucks, and catered St. Louis Bread Co lunch 4 days a week.

Coffee, sugar, creamer, cups, spoons, plates, straws, etc are also provided.

There is a vending machine, but it doesn't get much business.

Some of our clients give us tickets for baseball, hockey, football, concerts, etc.  I don't use the tickets, but can usually find someone that wants to go, so the tickets don't go to waste.

Today, we had a drawing, and I think I hit the jackpot.  $600 in gas cards.  That was third place.  First place won housecleaning for a year.  Second place won a bunch of wine, but they're an alcoholic, so they tried to trade.  Fourth place won gift certificates to a bar, but he's a Muslim, so he declined.  Who knew a Muslim could enter a contest?

Today was supposed to be a costume contest, but almost everyone forgot.  We do Elf on the Shelf, guess the money in the jar, penny wars, door decoration contests, nerf wars, dunk your boss, talk like a pirate day, and other activities.

Sometimes, the perks make the job bearable.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 07:40:10 am by tshark »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2017, 07:38:02 pm »
This pisses me off.  I have no dog in this fight, but I still get tired of it.  I think this type of thing polarizes the Fiero community, and drives newcomers away.  Not this particular incident, but a similar incident led to my joining this forum.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2017, 08:28:40 pm »
I agree.  I haven't followed sardonyx247 and really didn't know he was a vendor, but this isn't the first time I've seen Rodney go after someone.  Years and years ago, I had reason to call him about a cable I bought.  The ball stud broke off when I tightened it.  He denied that it was his fault, saying I tightened it too much,  though the stud was actually just a piece of threaded rod, drilled out, re-threaded inside and a smaller stud screwed into it.  Tightening the retainer nut was exerting all the force against a tube.  Out of graciousness, he sent me a new design that had a solid stud on the ball.  He also contacted me one time when I said that the available bump stops for Generation 1 were too soft (I never named any vendor) and my replacements solved the ticking problem.  There was no way his could be too soft because they were Viton. 

I hate to see any Fiero product vendor leave.  Most likely, if Rodney leaves, many of the items he's designed will be held proprietary and not released for reproduction, so he'll make the whole community suffer.  Guess he'll be going into more competition with The Fiero Factory.  They went Mustang and Corvette. 

Earlier this week someone on PFF disagreed with me.  They sent me a PM, explained why they thought I was wrong, and we finally came to an agreement.  I was wrong, but he didn't call me a Stupid Arz while trying to make his point.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2017, 08:36:59 pm »
I will admit to having called out some people, but am trying to better my ways.

I've been corrected a few times here--at least once by you.  I'm wrong sometimes.  It happens.

Rodney has always done right by me.

I am only here for fun.  If it stops being fun...

I really like what GFC is doing, sharing time and talent.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2017, 12:50:27 am »
I hate to see any Fiero product vendor leave.  Most likely, if Rodney leaves, many of the items he's designed will be held proprietary and not released for reproduction, so he'll make the whole community suffer. 

I don't think Rodney's going to abandon Fieros. He's still posting on Pennocks (although maybe not as much) and has recently joined Facebook, which was responded to by a long list of greetings and well-wishers.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2017, 07:59:58 am »
I don't do facebook, but certainly Rodney's development of Fiero parts has slowed.

What irritates me is the angst.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2017, 12:03:23 am »
Today, I had to take 2 tests: a personality test, and a vision test.  I passed one and flunked the other.