Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Sequential lights  (Read 14451 times)

ron768

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Sequential lights
« on: October 04, 2016, 02:29:06 pm »
As of today I now have sequential tail lights on my 85. I am offering the plans to all club members. Some know how in soldering ( to build the control box) and reading the wiring diagram are VERY useful. I will supply a list of parts needed. Changes to the car include changing out 2 light bulb sockets and the flasher . Give me some time as I have to rewrite some of the directions and draw a Fiero wiring diagram. Once completed you will have turn signals, brake and emergency lights that flash from inside to outside. Thank you Ron (f85gtron) for your electrical know how in answering my questions where the original instructions were not clear. 
1985 2M6 SE, 1986 GT x 2.

f85gtron

• View Profile
Re: Sequential lights
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 03:05:31 pm »
Lol. No problem.....especially when you asked the question with the answer already ready! I think what you really needed to know is if it would blow up or not ;)....has it?
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 08:11:38 pm »
Will it also work with LED's? :o
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

ron768

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 10:28:49 pm »
I had been made aware of these way back in 2003 by a co-worker with a Firebird. I bought the instructions and he built the kits. As I was on the road alot at that time and then started moving from state to state, I put them away til I could work on my car again. Going thru boxes this last couple of years has brought many things back to the surface and its time to do these things. Roger, I think that it will work with LED's but I'm not sure of that fact. Remember that these were developed long before LED's became common place in automotive use. I may try the led conversion lights and see what that does.
1985 2M6 SE, 1986 GT x 2.