Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: A New Formula In Our Stall  (Read 61266 times)

GTXVette

• View Profile
Re: A New Formula In Our Stall
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2017, 07:00:22 am »
 I do wish I had Known you were going by My House. If you went Through Ball Ground I am 2 Doors from the 4way stop(the only one) If on 575 you were 1 mile Max And I also would have gone with. I assumed it was in Tennessee for some reason had I known it was Elijay I would have Gone For you, that's like 30 miles. Do you all have my Phone Number?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2017, 08:05:51 am »
I came up through Gainesville and Dawsonville on 53 and 52.  It's near Mack Aaron's and B.J. Reese's apple barns on 52. 

There had been a good collection of old style (30's era) car carriers with Fieros in them.  Many of them still in their boxes, so that's how they were sold.  The Fieros weren't added by Lee.  He had a wall mount display case about 4 ft. square with carriers and individual cars and other memorabilia in it.  Lots of things that would probably be desirable collector items.  There had been tools, an air compressor, and much more, but that was all gone.  It's possible Leslie gave the tools, etc to here boyfriend.  We had discussed that on an earlier visit.  Hopefully Lee's girlfriend does have the collectables at her house. 

We don't have your phone number in our contact information.   
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:13:16 am by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2017, 12:59:37 pm »
I tried Mike's OBD1/OBD2 scanner on the car, and got wildly different readings depending on what year and VIN code I picked. According to information on this site, the VIN code for a 1993, 1994 and 1995 3800 engine is L or 1. From what I found elsewhere, 1 is the code for the supercharged version, so I used L. In 1995, they also added VIN code K for the 3800, but there is still L and 1, so I'm not sure what K is.
Anyhow, if I set the machine for 1994 VIN L or 1995 VIN L, it says there are no DTC codes in the ECM. If I set it to 1993 VIN L, I get a boatload of DTC codes, including one for PROM error and some that don't make any sense. I'm inclined to think that the 1993 result is closer to the truth.
If I set it to 1995 VIN K, it says that it can't read the system.
And in any case I have to use wires, as in this picture, because the OBD2 connector only works with OBD2.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2017, 08:23:54 pm »
   I am not a smart man........ the engine 3800's  is the same inside and out?    the fuel Injection as well as the Throttle body are the Same or not.. the Ignition systems are the same or not and the computer is the same or not, I know when I retired from the Cadillac shop I was attempting to learn the systems and back then it was obd I, 2 had just come out.
  I do know the systems must be all 1 or 2. cross use is possible but the Parameters of the systems must be known and 2 reads more and different sensors than 1.
  these parts have ID numbers so you can find out what years each system is. so finding the parameters of each system 1or2 can be read with a multimeter and can be Aligned that way. you may can add the OBD 2 sensors to the system and then use an obd2 computer, I think

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2017, 09:47:13 pm »
At least the throttle bodies were changed over the years.  For that reason, some have installed earlier year throttle bodies onto the Series III engines.  I think it has something to do with the TPS or MAF sensor. 

Pat, I have the Helms Manual that Lee used to do the install if you want to come get it.  I think it has detailed notes of his wiring pinouts. 

If you will pull the wheels from the Formula, I have ordered some used tires for it.  I can have them mounted when they come in, and you can also carry the replacement hood back with you. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2017, 11:17:58 pm »
The series III engines were "fly-by-wire", which is why many used series II throttle bodies. There's no direct connection between the gas pedal and the throttle body on a series III engine.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2017, 07:34:30 am »
 Man do I DISlike the idea of Fly by Wire on a car, I have to cut grass and some other yard work/HOUSE CHORES now that the rain has stopped, then I will make some Inquieries, I would like to help If I can.  Where is the car?  and make a copy of the parts used. Time for me to Catch up some with Progress. even if just for Myself. I may be able to Query some Locals and some others I know.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2017, 06:12:18 pm »
Does anyone have a source for some good, used 215/60/15's?  My guy has a pair of 205's, but can't get any 215's.  I can get them mounted and balanced for $45 each. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2017, 06:49:35 pm »
$45!  I paid $13 each on clean rims, but $100 for 4 with dismount of old, mount and balance new.  I detest doing the mounting, but the electronic balancing is easy on most wheels, if you use your head.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2017, 07:02:54 pm »
 Call Leman Land at Duluth Wheel and acc. Right at the Corner of Buford Hwy. and 120 770 Eight One Three 8760, after 10am  don't know if any used but you can't find a better person to deal with. I worked at American Racing Equip. way back and He was a Mgr. there. you might even see Phil jr. Hanging.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2017, 12:22:51 am »
Any progress on this car?

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2017, 10:11:13 am »
Nothing will be done, by me at least, until after I finish working on my  yellow car.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2017, 05:25:50 pm »
Unrelated question, but will your yellow car be ready for RFTH?

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2017, 09:11:38 am »
Unrelated question, but will your yellow car be ready for RFTH?
I hope so!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2017, 06:26:02 pm »
How about this one?