Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 85 SE V8 for sale. $600  (Read 14762 times)

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
85 SE V8 for sale. $600
« on: October 30, 2016, 12:46:56 pm »
This belongs to Greg Gaines (Cooter on PFF)
Lives in Oxford AL. Halfway between Atlanta and Birmingham, right off I-20.
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/074735.html

From his post...

"It's time to let someone take over ownership of the old '85 SE. I love the car and it never fails to put a smile on my face, but I just have too many vehicles and this one keeps getting pushed to the back of the stable.
First, the good-
Silver 1985 Fiero SE with working A/C, PW, PDL, PM.
TBI Caddy v8 from an '88 ElDorado with approx 125,000 miles on the drivetrain.
4t60 with approx 2500 RPM stall converter- still locks normally and the car gets an easy 25+ MPG on the highway.
87/88 style coupe bumpers and smooth molding
Grand-Am rear brakes with new front/rear brake pads/rotors
New front wheel bearings
New Gates serpentine belt
New Moog ball joints/tie rod ends
New radiator
New starter
New front tires
LED dash lighting
Console mounted drink holder
Truck-Lite headlights with upgraded wiring harness and 130/90w Hella bulbs. These headlights are one of the best upgrades that you can do for a Fiero with stock style lights! I have a few extra sets of the H4 bulbs that I will also throw in.
87/88 headlight motors
Front mounted battery
'88 GT/Formula wheels

The bad-
Rear tires are worn and will need to be replace soon
Rear struts are weak- I have new replacements that will be included with the car.
Rear ball joints are original, but I have new AC Delco replacement ball joints that are included with the car.
Interior is a little rough- it has F-body seats and the driver's seat is starting to come apart on the edge.
Radio does not work. I've never messed with it and had always planned on just replacing it, but never got around to it.
The car has an electro/hydraulic power steering pump and P/S rack from a Dodge Dakota. The rack leaked badly and I just gave up on finding another good one and disconnected the power going to the pump. You can either take a chance on getting the pump working with another power rack, or install an original Fiero rack- I had to remove the original rack mounts, but have a cross-member section that can be welded in place with the rack mounts and have a rebuilt rack that is included with the car. The steering works fine, it is just a bit stiff from not having any power assist.
One of the new front wheel bearings is noisy, so I picked up a new set to replace both sides and will include them with the car.
Windshield wiper switch is a bit goofy- the delay does not work correctly. A replacement switch and wiper motor is included.
If you don't use the headlights on a regular basis, the left motor sticks. All you have to do is crank the knob a round or two, cycle the lights and it works fine until it sits for several days again. Both motors have new bushings from Rodney installed.

The ugly-
Clear coat is peeling. Most of the upper surfaces have lost all the clear.
Both bumpers have some damage. They are repairable, but might be easier to just replace them.

The car has been incredibly dependable and I would not be afraid to get in it and drive it anywhere. It just works.
My latest addition to the car family cost me $600, so I'd like to break even and get $600 for the Fiero. Price is negotiable and reasonable offers will be considered. You can drive it as is, fix it up, part it out, re-sell it or whatever you would like. I just want a Forum member to have it instead of selling it to a Craig's List flunkie or putting it up on eBay.

I've also got an Allante' intake, valve covers and steel rocker bridges that I would sell for $350 OBO.
Located about halfway between Atlanta and Birmingham, right off I-20."

f85gtron

• View Profile
Re: 85 SE V8 for sale. $600
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 01:00:46 pm »
Pm sent
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: 85 SE V8 for sale. $600
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 11:14:40 pm »
Nice, 4.5L V8 and all.