Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: The Mid-South Fall Foliage Tour  (Read 16280 times)

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
The Mid-South Fall Foliage Tour
« on: August 23, 2008, 10:05:33 pm »
The Mid-South Fall Foliage Tour this year will be held on October 25th. This year, we plan to take a tour from Cherokee, NC. up to Asheville, NC along the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway.

This section of the BRP contains some of the most spectacular views along the whole parkway. Including the bulk of the tunnels on the entire BRP. We will travel through 18 of the 26 total on the Parkway.

Here's the game plan: Start Location and Time: West side of Harrah's Parking Lot - Cherokee, NC Depart at 12:00 Noon on Saturday, October 25, 2008. 

The Tour:
Drive the Beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway from the 'lower end' up to US 70 (Tunnel Road) in Asheville. There are numerious overlooks along the way, and we will enjoy several of them.

And of course, the Dinner.

Anyone who knows us, realize we're not going to go without eating.  While some of us will have our dog(s) along for this event, we will plan to have a dinner at Asheville.

Some may not be able to or want to and I certainly understand that, anyway I hope many will want to stay and enjoy the evening.

We plan to have dinner at "The Fiddlin' Pig - Bluegrass and BBQ" If anyone is interested, live music will begin around 7pm.

---- > Fiddlin' Pig Dinner Menu < --- 

This should be right at peak leaf color for the area. I would imagine that traffic would be higher than normal - please be careful and enjoy the ride even if we get 'separated'. I will urge that we bring our FRS radios since cell phone reception along the BRP is spotty - at least my Verizon service is 

Also, this year another group is interested in tagging along.

I got this from the North Caroline Honda Element Club. The Georgia Fiero Club is also invite along with the Solstice Club.

Robert Finley
President of East Tennessee Fiero Club
Athens, Tennessee
Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: The Mid-South Fall Foliage Tour
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 03:53:35 pm »
Ray and I will be going, and Don Hulse said he'd be interested in taking his wife along on this one, since it's a cruise and not a run.  October is a fine month for Fiero'ing since it's usually a very dry month, as if we didn't already have enough of those.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

watkins23xl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 10:44:17 am »
Johnnie and I will go, taking two cars.  Ronnie, if the two of you go, Johnnie said she would like your wife to ride with her.  Man, that would be an interesting trip, with Johnnie chatting along the way!  "Hey, look at those leaves, yes, aren't they lovely!"  Bang, "what was that!" "Oh, just something in the road." 
While Conrad sits on the side of the road, waiting for Rob to put the sides back on his 85, where Johnnie just knocked them off as she ran into him, while looking at the leaves.................... :o

Anyway, Carolyn can ride with her, if she wants.  They can take your yellow car, and you can drive my white 88, if you like! : )

Robs Fieros

• President of the East Tennessee Fiero Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 03:36:39 pm »
I talked to Conrad Cheney yesterday and he  is coming up to visit with me in a couple of weeks.
President of East Tennessee Fiero Club