Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Club Project Cars  (Read 16271 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Club Project Cars
« on: March 23, 2017, 06:12:31 pm »
We have the two Formula project cars that need work done on them.  The Fastback Formula has progressed very little in the several years we've had it.  The major things I know of that it needs is the slave cylinder rebuilt and the steering column tightened.  MikeMack has offered to open up his shop on a Saturday for us to have a tech day.  This would be a good start for summer tech days. 

We also have the 3800 Formula that needs to be addressed.  It's not been evaluated so we have no idea what it's in need of.  The trunk has been opened and a new lock cylinder purchased.  The ignition switch needs to be replaced with the one Pat has purchased.  We know it needs spark plug wires, and it needs to be cleaned of all the leaves and mice nests that it acquired during it's years of sitting. 

Can we make plans to get these cars in the works, roadworthy, sold and the money into the club bank account?  All of you have an area that you're more familiar with when it comes to maintaining or repairing a Fiero.  Jump in and share your expertise with the rest of us.  For those that don't know much about the Fiero, this is a prime opportunity to learn about them. 

There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: Club Project Cars
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 07:19:10 pm »
Are you going to haul them to Mike's? I don't mind helping with whatever I can do. Provided I don't have any family conflicts.

I don't know how to fix wobbly columns (don'tcha hate it when that happens?) but I've removed and replaced several columns. Swapping from auto to manual, etc.
I can take blower motors and resistors out, and remove mouse habitats.
I also know my way around some electronics. (Have DVM will travel.)

I'm assuming we will need to bring our own tools. I'm sure Mike doesn't want his scattered around.
I also have a scan tool that will do both OBD1 and OBD2.

"Comes with the full guarantee. If it breaks in half, you get to keep both halves." - George Carlin

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 07:33:21 pm »
It needs to be set up with Mike and information put on the board so people can plan to be there.  The May meeting would be sufficient time.  I'll tow the Fastback down if we have enough interest.

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 09:53:23 am »

Where is Mike's?
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 10:17:54 am »
His shop is about 3 miles from The Diner. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 12:48:00 pm »
I'm really looking forward to following this.  I haven't been involved in any of the previous club projects, so I want to see how this goes.  I'm also interested in how the timing on this will play out.

Drewbdo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 08:53:11 am »
It needs to be set up with Mike and information put on the board so people can plan to be there.  The May meeting would be sufficient time.  I'll tow the Fastback down if we have enough interest.

Do you know the date for the May meeting? I'd like to attend if I'm not working.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 09:05:55 am »
The meeting is May 13.  The April meeting is April 8.  Always on the 2nd Saturday of the month. 

MikeMac

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 10:12:00 am »
I've met some of you at the meetings but for the others I'm Michael MacDonell. I own Northlake Automotive located at 3924 Lavista Road Tucker GA 30084. I've offered it as a place to do tech days since it is an equipped shop but more importantly it gets us out of the weather. I can take the heat but can't do the blazing sun.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 05:48:11 pm »
It's awesome that you can open up your shop for this.  Thanks, Mike.