Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 2017 FIERO /Grassroots Challenger  (Read 24970 times)

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 FIERO /Grassroots Challenger
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2018, 11:27:48 pm »
If it's for a Fiero, get your slave from Rodney Dickman. You'll be glad you did.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2018, 06:23:00 am »
  I have paid for the Cheap-o and It's in the Mail but I did this for quick delivery.....Not.
How much is the R D Part . 

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2018, 04:21:40 pm »
New slave is in and Operational, Because the other was frozen I didn't see how extended the shaft was. I will mount it on the other side of the Bracket to put it farther into the Cylinder. But it operates just fine. Pressure washing to clean and hopefully remove some of the Grey Paint is on the agenda and then prep for paint Aka. Sanding . WHO's IN. Lol

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2018, 07:00:14 pm »
If you have the correct slave, you cant put it on the other side of the bracket.  Attempts to do will cause the piston to hit the end of the bore.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2018, 08:10:55 am »
May be my bracket is not original. It is about 1/8" thick and with a washer and lock washer I will move it less than 1/2". Just Going to take out Studs and Install them from the other side Pointing rearward, OEM is not Important Because "Race Car"
Did You Know..Racecar Spelled Backwards Is Racecar.
Will Drive it on the street Beside my House TODAY. If The Brakes work,  Man they look Bad.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2018, 08:59:16 am »
The piston in the slave cylinder only travels about 1 1/4 inch when the clutch pedal is depressed.  The hydraulic system is self-centering.  You can't change the length of stroke by relocating the slave except when you move it so far that it bottoms out on either end. 

If you move the slave a 1/2 inch closer to the release arm, the piston just moves back into the slave bore by 1/2 inch and you still get the same amount of travel when the pedal is depressed.  Same if you move the slave 1/2 inch away from the release arm, the piston self centers 1/2 inch toward the end of the slave bore, and you still get the 1 1/4 inch of travel.  This is accomplished by the spring inside the slave that keeps tension against the pushrod so that it doesn't fall out of the clutch release arm. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2018, 09:25:43 am »
  Yea I know, just moving the Piston farther into the slave, More toward the Middle. It felt to me It was at the END of Spring tension, That is why I am Moving it.  All Good.  So Any body wanna come Play?
 Swap meet is Saturday,
 Got a Deal On Twin Turbos working, A Bit Smaller than the one on it now This barely makes 8-10 lbs of Boost and I need a little more than 13-14 to reach my power goals, and Found a 2012 Impala Engine on C L for 300 Bucks W/ Low Mileage Down in Woodstock, Might go look at that Today also, But If that's a VVT Engine I will Pass, Got to look it up on Wiki. BUT then, I still want to Boost a Northstar, and these Two 48"s will Make about 450 HP and a BUNCH of Torque Down Low in the RPM range, Yea Haw.

PS. I Know YOU Bought Pauls SC 3800, How's that Going, and are you Thinking of bringing it to the Challenge ?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2018, 09:47:09 am »
Where's the swap meet?  If it's in Commerce, I might be up that way and may be able to drop in. 

Who bought Paul Who's 3800SC? 

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2018, 11:32:22 am »
...Found a 2012 Impala Engine on C L for 300 Bucks W/ Low Mileage Down in Woodstock, Might go look at that Today also, But If that's a VVT Engine I will Pass, Got to look it up on Wiki.

If it's a 3900, it's VVT. ALL of the 3900s are VVT. (The RPO is probably LGD. It's the Flex Fuel version of the LZ9.)
If it's a 3500 of that year it will also be VVT. (LZ4 or Flex Fuel LZE.)
It might also be D-O-D (RPO is LZ8) but I think that was an earlier year model.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2018, 01:13:55 pm »
 Thank you Raydar, I just Came in from Wally world and now I can go work on the car!.

One of the Crew on the Coast /Augusta area? No One Has Spoken up, Paul Didn't say But the Pic. of the Fiero Being Hoisted Up to a Loading Dock was it,  I believe.

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2018, 07:52:39 pm »
One of the Crew on the Coast /Augusta area? No One Has Spoken up, Paul Didn't say But the Pic. of the Fiero Being Hoisted Up to a Loading Dock was it,  I believe.
...It may have been me, maybe...
Ron
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2018, 07:00:17 am »
 Good for You Ron,
Now you Have Two that will Out run Me.  Maybe.

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2018, 01:28:54 pm »
Only one Right now.  That 3800sc needs a lot of work.  It's not going wheels-up anytime soon.
I don't think the other one i got (85 3.4) could touch you either. I'm not even gonna bring the 84 duke into the discussion, nor the 87 3.4 sitting here too. I'm like the old cat lady, but with fieros instead. I keep putting out the milk.
When asked, I say I'm starting a collection, my wife says I'm starting a junk yard!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 01:31:41 pm by f85gtron »
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2018, 05:18:20 pm »
 Yea Baby,  I resemble that Remark !

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2018, 04:34:01 pm »
 NO Swap Meet For Me Tommorow,  Sorry , But On a Good Note I can try to get this Slave Bled. Yo Charlie, Not Going.