Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: A couple of Fieros For Sale  (Read 15804 times)

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of Fieros For Sale
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 08:09:53 pm »
That dark blue 88 GT in Stone Mountain (posted on Craigslist) is now down to $600.
Ad said that it's not running, at present, and he doesn't have time to mess with it. Automatic trans.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 09:19:20 am »
I had a chance to see the AeroDonamic 86SE, yesterday.  Not really in bad condition from first glance.  Very dirty and obviously had been sitting under the trees for a long time.  I think the saving grace for the paint job is the color.  Any staining from leaves won't be as obvious as would be the case with a lighter color.  Still, there's going to be a lot of detailing to get it back to the way it was. 

Mike did get the Getrag transmission with it, along with cable and slave mounts and the slave heat shield, so only the slave and cables are needed.  Helping him make the swap might be the subject of another Tech Day, maybe?
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 12:51:23 pm »
I'm happy to hear that it's not deteriorated too much. Wouldn't have minded adopting it, but I've already got two more cars than I have room for. It's in better hands, now, than I could have provided.

There are a couple of different ways to do that tranny swap. Neither of them will be very much fun. Will possibly make for a lonnnnng tech day.
If Mike has a transmission jack, it may be a tremendous help. (Thinking out loud.)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 01:06:53 pm by Raydar »

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 04:20:46 pm »
That dark blue 88 GT in Stone Mountain (posted on Craigslist) is now down to $600.
Ad said that it's not running, at present, and he doesn't have time to mess with it. Automatic trans.
Can you spot me $600?
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2017, 06:57:36 pm »
Maybe.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers