Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Coming to Georgia...  (Read 18644 times)

GTXVette

• View Profile
Re: Coming to Georgia...
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 08:23:11 pm »

Serious,   tell her to go to the Ferris wheel, It's almost Dark Now 8:20PM In an Hour, It's Awsome after Dark 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 08:41:40 pm »
She is still working.  Today is the big day.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2017, 02:34:17 pm »
Here are a few:

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2017, 02:37:11 pm »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2017, 02:37:50 pm »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2017, 02:38:12 pm »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2017, 02:47:41 pm »
I didn't include her comments with the pictures, because the comments weren't in English, but here are some other comments:
”Humongous ATL airport.”

”The TSA really love[ s] yelling at people...”

”I love how everyone was so helpful and nice in the city...”

”People in Atlanta don't use trains?  Because there were definitely was [fewer] people taking the trains...The [cars] were pretty much empty.”

”I noticed...there were a lot of abandoned building[ s] (adorned with graffiti to boot).

EDIT: Upped the size for GrannyLinda.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 02:56:37 pm by GTRS Fiero »

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2017, 05:53:27 pm »
I just hope she has a great time.

The TSA can really be a PITA anywhere but I've learned to, and love to ask the TSA for a 'pat down' search.
Maybe she can find time for a tour of the FOX Theatre as well.
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2017, 06:21:16 pm »
She just had Friday to tour.  I gathered that she had a good time.  A lot of things were overwhelming, and a 12-hour jet lag didn't help.  She had to stay up until after midnight with the studio.

She was in Qatar, this morning, and should be on the other side of the world now.  She'll be in Australia next week, then in India in a few weeks, then who knows?  The Atlanta trip was a last-minute thing.

She comes from an upbringing/culture that doesn't ask questions.  Getting her to go ask the concierge ANYTHING was difficult.

Apparently, I'm intimidating, but even the menus here can be intimidating.  For example, at the sub shop, they ask what kind of bread (providing 6+ options), then the meat (6+ options), then the cheese (6+ options), etc.  By the time they get to the cheese, some people are ready to start a WAR.  Also, we serve meals without rice (how dare we), and rice often isn't on the menu.  Then there's the drink situation.  Here, when we want a drink, we don't want a shot-glass half full; we want a 32-oz or bigger.  Over there, I used to order my food with 6 glasses of OJ, and 6 of milk, just to get me started.  They're not used to having to answer questions about how the meat should be cooked, or what sides.  They state what they want, and eat what's served.  They don't complain if undercooked, or if the order isn't right.  I don't like ice in my drink.  It is very difficult there to customize your order.  Getting a drink served without ice is nearly impossible.  Oh, and trust me--you don't want ice in your drink in some countries.  The water used to make the ice isn't safe to drink.

Oh, and they like to eat off other people's plates.  If they take food off my plate, I'm done.

As much as I can't imagine eating fries without salt, they do not like salt on their fries.  At least, not as much as we use.  A lot of the food is too salty.

Yogurt they eat plain.  Blah!  I told her not to stir it.

It's fine, though.  A few small meals never hurt.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 06:23:11 pm by GTRS Fiero »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2017, 08:04:30 pm »
I don't kmow her nationality and it's too late now but there is an uppity Thai restaurant very near The Ritz Carlton. Just about a block away.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2017, 08:22:11 pm »
Was trying to get her to eat food she doesn't normally eat.  She's had Thai and Vietnamese.

BTW, for you seafood eaters, what parts of the fish do you eat?

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2017, 08:45:02 pm »
Shellfish...everything but the shell. Fish...NO HEADS and especially, NO EYES. I don't care for my food to be looking back at me. Crabs, just the legs and claws.
NEVER, EVER have ANY drink in Mexico that has ice in it. And don't even attempt to order a Corona there unless you want to be laughed at and humiliated. (I don't like it anyway and agree with them...'Donkey P!$$)

That's one heck of an itinerary she has. I would certainly hope it pays well.
Try grabbing thick (think Shag) rug with your toes for relief of jet lag. Works for me.
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2017, 08:51:22 pm »

I will eat most of the Fish But not the Head or Tail or Guts. Salmon Eggs (Caviar?) Are delicous.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2017, 10:22:41 pm »
True story.  Many years ago, when my wife and I were dating, we went to eat at an uppity Vietnamese or Thai restaurant.  I don't remember which.  Anyway, my wife ordered a fish.  It came.  The whole foot-long fish, cooked whole.  She ate far more than I would have.  I uncomfortably watched someone at another table eat the eyes, head, etc.  My wife didn't, thankfully, but she later admitted she would normally have eaten the head, only refraining then for my benefit.  Yeah, when your meal is eyeballing you with a ”why me?” look on one side, and ”oh no, I'm dinner” look in the other eye, it's disconcerting.  I do not like slimy food.

Later on, I found out their fish came from across the street at the international food market, where dead fish sit rotting and stinking in unrefrigerated heaps.  The odor of dead fish permeates that place.

I like Thai Tea.  That's about it.

Tonight, we ate at IHOP.  I compared the menu there to the Asian IHOP.  Mostly nothing in common.  I would ask who eats greasy noodles drowned in soy, but obviously they do.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 08:49:24 am by GTRS Fiero »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2017, 10:28:53 pm »
The job pays poorly, but has perks.  Airfare, meals, movies, hotel, etc are paid for, plus spending money.

I've heard of the rug trick.  I sleep on the plane, and just make sure to stay active during daytime.  Of course, when I came back last time, I went straight back to work.  I could DO OK, but my speech was gibberish.  Not good.  I'm paid to think, so I always have to bring my A game.  She is probably supposed to look alert.  Dunno how that went for her.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 10:36:59 pm by GTRS Fiero »