Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Raydar's dream Fieros?  (Read 14238 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Raydar's dream Fieros?
« on: September 24, 2017, 12:55:11 pm »
Today, I encountered a guy who has an engine from a G8 in his Fiero.  The Fiero is peppy, but still very much a project.  Auto transmission.  This car doesn't turn worth a darn, if you're on the throttle.  One side seems to hook up better than the other side, so hard acceleration makes the car pull a bit to one side. This Fiero has really wide rear tires, and he's having issues with getting everything to fit.  Nothing sticks out the decklid, but it has functional air intake scoops on both sides.  He said overheating is an issue.  Apparently, even the transmission is very heavy.  The strut towers appear to be entirely different, and the engine bay is FULL.  Think pressed fit.

He told me that he's putting a 9.4L engine into another Fiero.  He says he has to make these widebody Fieros to accommodate the axles.  What has a 9.4L engine?  I know I had a truck with an 8.0L engine.  For this Fiero, he said the radiator(s) will be in the rear.

Supposing the G8 motor puts out 400HP to the wheels, what do you do with whatever the 9.4L puts out?  Or, is the extra displacement just for show?

P.S.  I did clarify that he meant 9.4, and not 4.9.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 12:56:55 pm by GTRS Fiero »

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
Re: Raydar's dream Fieros?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 08:13:16 pm »
574ci!? Is he running this in the LeMans? With the radiator in the rear plus the tranny that can handle the power he'll blow the whole weight distribution ratio. Sounds like the condition of more money than brains IMO. :o
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 08:20:28 pm »
I got the impression that the 9.4 isn't running.  Probably barely mounted.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 11:22:33 pm »
Yikes!
Is that the guy on Pennocks who does the tranny controllers for the 6T70 automatics? That guy has an LS motor of some sort, bolted to a 6T75. He never talked about any issues on Pennocks, however.

Found the thread...
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000136.html

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 05:45:04 am »
I don't believe so.  He didn't want me to take pics.