Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: I'll do it...tomorrow  (Read 14079 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
I'll do it...tomorrow
« on: October 06, 2017, 06:41:11 pm »
The last few days at work, I've fixed the backed up sewer, fixed the leaking drain plumbing, fixed the broken overhead dock door, drilled out the security lock for one of the offices to gain access, fixed a leak between seams in the new roof, replaced the batteries on a forklift, fixed the carpeting where it was coming up at the seams, framed a media box, cut down a tree, designed & created a flyer for an upcoming event, fixed the mud and paint on a wall, and rebuilt an industrial floor cleaner.

Tuesday, I'll be giving classes on using a financial loan program (that I've never used and don't yet have a logon for, because the vendor hasn't completed the web site), entrepreneurship in today's economy, and 3 other classes in the social science department.  Wednesday, I have to spend the day leading women's fitness classes.

I guess I have only myself to blame.  Me and my big mouth.

The sewer was a mess, and the sewer people couldn't be there until next week.  I couldn't stand the smell.  This led to my being told to fix the drain.
The overhead door has powerful springs, and I worried aloud that the maintenance person could get seriously hurt, because they didn't know what they were doing.  After they proved my point, I was told to fix the door.  It opens and closes, but needs 2 panels replaced, which the overhead door people should be able to do after the holiday.
The security company (a tenant) locked themselves out of their office.  The locksmith was unable to get them in.  I told him he was drilling in the wrong place, which resulted in my getting stuck with the job.  My dad used to do all the timelocks and stuff for banks.  I saw a lot of videos, was present for a lot of discussions, saw a lot of locks, and got to play with them, 35 years ago.  I was in in about 20 minutes.
I made some comments that were construed as negative, because the new roof was still leaking into my office, and the roofing company said it couldn't be fixed.  27 tubes of calk later, no more leak.

You get the idea.  My fix is that, going forward, everything will be done ”tomorrow”, because tomorrow never comes.  This should leave me more time to do my job.

GTXVette

• View Profile
Re: I'll do it...tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 09:16:15 am »
    Ok, you don't own this place, so is there a Pay raise coming?

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: I'll do it...tomorrow
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 09:21:50 am »
I wish there was a pay raise coming, but am not holding my breath.

Any job you take, the job duties include ”other tasks as assigned”.