Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: February Club Meeting  (Read 19760 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: February Club Meeting
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2018, 08:57:41 pm »
Very sad.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2018, 07:52:03 am »
 :( :-X :-\
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2018, 11:02:38 am »
1) Continue the discussion on making RFTH a Charity event.. please bring a suggestion on what charity you would like to contribute to, we can vote on the 10th or do a poll of the top three organizations here on the forum if we decide to make it a charity event.

Two charities were suggested 1st American Cancer Society 2nd St. Jude's Hospital based of the members in attendance it was decided that we would pursue the American Cancer Society

2) St. Patty's Day parade.. who and where do we want to meet up.

Unfortunately the GFC will not attend the parade this year, it has been suggested that we can either take a cruise or work on one of the club cars

3) Spring Break run.. do we want to pick a date?

It was decided that the Spring Break would be called "The Don Hulse Spring Cruise" the date TBD

New Topics

1) Donation to the Club for items that paid members get from the parts barn

we were unable to come up with a definite decision but it was agreed that the club would take donations from members (active 6 Mos.) and non members would purchase items from the barn 

2) Possible Tech day / Club Meeting to work on one of the Club cars

March 12 meeting will begin at 7-8AM at Northlake Automotive, 3924 Lavista Rd, Tucker, GA 30084. Plans are to install the fuel tank from the parts barn it was decided that we are going to order a new sending unit to install with the tank, Lunch will follow at the regular time at the Galaxy Diner

3) Entries for the next Club newsletter.. looking for ideas, pictures or Fiero facts - fiction

No decisions were made

4) and any other topics the club cares to discuss

The trial run for RFTH will be in June
Club picnic in October location and date TBD b]

5) Upcoming car shows

General discussions around the upcoming events but no solid plans were put together
The BOPC show is May 11-12 at Piedmont Church, 570 Piedmont Road, Marietta, GA. 30066.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:27:18 am by Sarge »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2018, 11:15:48 pm »
Was anything decided about MikeMac's Aerodon car?

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2018, 09:35:07 am »
I like the Idea of starting early at the Shop then Lunch, But why leave  ?  send someone out to grab food and stay at the Shop.
  Being that Mike allow's us the Shop His Cars (that Green Beauty) need to be at the Front of the repair list, And if we can get some guy's and Gal's in early working on a Couple could be accomplished.
  I Suggest,
 Right now we know a fuel tank and we have someone that know's the job , that is two to three Man at a time at the most and if Mike has a List Made others can Tackle that at the Same Time.
   No reason the Meeting can't be during a Lunch break. we spend more time at the resturant eating than Meeting

MikeMac

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2018, 03:41:38 pm »
I like the Idea of starting early at the Shop then Lunch, But why leave  ?  send someone out to grab food and stay at the Shop.
  Being that Mike allow's us the Shop His Cars (that Green Beauty) need to be at the Front of the repair list, And if we can get some guy's and Gal's in early working on a Couple could be accomplished.
  I Suggest,
 Right now we know a fuel tank and we have someone that know's the job , that is two to three Man at a time at the most and if Mike has a List Made others can Tackle that at the Same Time.
   No reason the Meeting can't be during a Lunch break. we spend more time at the resturant eating than Meeting

I agree. We should have every meeting a work day/meeting. We have a lot of non-running or badly running cars amongst the members to keep us busy for awhile. And I'm not counting the Aerodonamic car among those as it's under repair.

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2018, 06:23:02 pm »
  I Suggest,

X2
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2018, 09:58:47 pm »
  I Suggest,

The only problem with this is that we're likely to lose those member who don't work on cars, including our secretary-treasurer, who isn't about to sit around in a shop for hours.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2018, 10:28:08 pm »
The only problem with this is that we're likely to lose those member who don't work on cars, including our secretary-treasurer, who isn't about to sit around in a shop for hours.

Y'all know my situation, but I'd tend to agree.  If I were local, where I'd be able to attend a meeting at the Diner, it would be difficult to participate in a tech session.  I think that the meeting is the club's base, for better or worse.  The tech sessions should be separate events, although the may be held on the same day.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2018, 07:13:48 pm »
 If you all haven't Noticed I don't eat out. (I Do But That's Not in my Taste)  Those that don't Work on Cars can Get ready for the meeting(Committee), and I understand riding with others makes sitting around  tough. Is any Sinage needed for shows or anything to keep Idle hands busy, I guess I get Bored easy . I do understand

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2018, 09:09:15 pm »
I suggest we have our meetings at the regular time and place. Work days could be on the 4th weekend.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Slyp

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2018, 10:45:16 am »
That sounds like a plan to me.  But not every month.

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2018, 08:23:30 pm »
every month that's empty or available to whom ever wants to come sounds good to me.
the world is a sh t sandwich and everyday is another little bite

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2018, 06:48:16 am »
 ya'll Go Ahead then, Please Do Not Be Offended here,  I understand some Wives or even the Husbands of Women that are car Minded that are not Themselves Car People Might not want to Hang at a Garage all Afternoon, This Is a Car Club Not a Social Club, If someone doesn't want to Hang then go Shopping or something. I can Make 1 meeting a month most of the Time but Summer is Coming and that will Change Back and Forth. Being Retired A Week end is harder than a Week Day for me. I can only Guess what It must be like for those Way outside the Metro. When we can get a work day set Let me Know, you can tell me about the Meeting.  With what I See GTRS doing with the Newsletter I won't have to make the Meeting, All the suggestions he is working with sound Really Good so I hope he Finds Time to Run With it.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2018, 08:12:53 pm »
4) and any other topics the club cares to discuss

The trial run for RFTH will be in June
Club picnic in October location and date TBD b]

This agenda was great!  Are we still planning on an October picnic?