Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Amazon!  (Read 17317 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 09:37:49 pm »
St. Louis.  Don't make it worse than it is.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 09:40:28 pm by GTRS Fiero »

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 07:54:36 am »

A friend of mine was recently in that area.  To bug him I looked up Fieros on c-list and found a beautiful black 3.1L turbo with side air scoops about the level of the notch.  Told him to check it out.  Description said digital dash, but there weren't any interior photos.  Asked less than $5K. 

Do you know the car? 
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2018, 08:16:09 am »
No, and didn't find it on c-list with a quick search.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2018, 09:01:28 am »

Looks like it's gone. 
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 05:15:19 am »
Hmm. Could be worse. Could be EAST St. Louis.
And yes, I'm bugged AND miffed. Also, NOT happy with the ice and snow. NOT COOL! Froze my butt off!  What kind of spring break was that?! 
Is the arch back open yet?
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 07:46:59 am »
Two Amazon orders arrived yesterday (yes, Sunday). One for me, and one for Linda. They've always been very reliable here.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 08:08:14 am »
No idea about the Arch.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2018, 10:24:19 am »
One of the nice things about brick-and-mortar stores is that I can grab an item, pay for it, and then have it.  With Amazon, I can't grab an item, and paying for a product only means that I have spent money.  Now Amazon can't find the product.  They claim it was shipped, but never paid for shipment, and have no shipping info.  According to Amazon's tracking, the shipment was lost in transit.  They "sent" a replacement, supposedly certified overnight.  I always thought there was a receipt that you got for certified mail.  Amazon says no.  Not for business certified.  Amazon "sent" a second replacement, then cancelled the order, because they can't find it to send.  I requested a refund.  Now, Amazon says I must wait for all 3 to be resolved.  They want USPS to take care of all 3.  USPS refuses, saying Amazon must provide info.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2018, 06:25:24 pm »
Last night, I purchased a product on ebay.  Today, I got a notice from Amazon that the product had shipped.  I'm not sure how that is possible.  The item shows in my purchased things on ebay, but not on amazon.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2018, 07:18:12 pm »
I odered a product from amazon on 5/22, with 2-3 day shipping.  Tracking shows that it was shipped on 6/8 from NY, arrived at the local post office on 6/11, where they cannot find it.  USPS says they'll deliver the item on time on 6/14.  I told them it was 6/18, but that didn't register, so I told them 6/14 already passed.  They said "Well, that doesn't give us much time."  Then they proceded to tell me not to worry, it'll be here on time, it's probably on the mail truck.  Not on the mail truck, but asking surely insulted the mail carrier.  USPS says Ixl get it if and when I get it.  Gee, great attitude.

So, I called amazon.  Must wait until the end of the month to do anything, according to them.  Wrong answer.  I suspect this will be free.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2019, 12:18:55 pm »
Ordered on 3/30, due by 4/4.  Sold by amazon.com services, inc, fulfilled by amazon.com services, inc.  Still has not arrived.  According to tracking, it hasn't shipped.  Sad sack.

PK

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2019, 01:09:13 pm »
Your eBay item delivered by Amazon could be that the eBay seller did not stock the item but instead just ordered it from a third party on Amazon and specified delivery to you.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2019, 01:25:02 pm »
Could be, but the online retailers are going down the tubes, IMHO.  Unfortunately, brick-and-mortar stores are often terrible, also.  I patronize the mom-and-pop stores, but the big chains have useless people as employees.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2019, 12:23:59 am »
Amazon packages have been being delivered regularly, lately.  I cannot claim that this is Amazon's fault.  These packages do not have my name or address.  17 packages, as of today.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2019, 08:25:45 am »
The delivery drone's GPS needs to "RECALCULATE".  :)

On the bright side, the law says that if a product is delivered to you and you didn't order it, you notify the originator to pick it up and they don't, it's yours for free.

I had that happen to me in Massachusetts.  We received a complete set of encyclopedias with bookcase.  It was something that came about when our name was published in the New Birth section of the newspaper.  Then they sent us a bill.  Told them I was keeping them and not paying if they didn't pick it up.  Before computers, it was snail mail but eventually, they had the stuff picked up at our home when they couldn't produce any proof we ordered it.   
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers