Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Fiero kit  (Read 15014 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Fiero kit
« on: March 17, 2018, 08:11:18 am »
Fiero kit

(Edited by Fierofool to include actual link for those who aren't registered members)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/232700415305?ul_ref=https%253A%252F%252Frover.ebay.com%252Frover%252F0%252F0%252F0%253Fmpre%253Dhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.ebay.com%25252Fulk%
25252Fitm%25252F232700415305%2526rvr_id%253D0&ul_noapp=true

Not mine.  Have you seen this?  FL/AL car.  It reminds me of the concept 2000 Fiero.

Not to my taste.  Missing fog lights.  No mirrors.  Those headlights remind me of a fat woman in a bikini.  It looks like a 3800SC engine.  The front clip looks nice, as do the wheels.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 10:19:04 am by Fierofool »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Fiero kit
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 08:21:36 am »
Here's a pic:  (Edited to reduce width by Fierofool)

I guess if you started with a nissan 350z; put an F355 nose on it; and a Lamborghini tail on it; and put a Fiero interior, chassis, suspension, etc under it; upgraded the engine, doors, and wheels; then fiberglassed and painted the ensemble, this is what you'd get.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 10:14:09 am by Fierofool »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 09:35:35 am »
It looks very similar to the PISA Artero.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 09:41:37 am »
 Hate the wheels totally, Rear Qtrs. look like a 72 Satelite, Maybe round out the rear wheel Opening, Looks like a place for a Mirror on the Door . Kinda Like it Kinda Not.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 09:51:38 am »
It looks bloated.

The Fiero has clean lines.  The Ferarri has clean lines.  The Lamborghini has sharp lines.  The nissan has bloat. This car is...red.

The nose has interesting angles.  They did a good job getting the various body panels to attach to the car.  From the doors to the rear panels; from the decklid to the rear clip; from the nose to the rocker panels; and from the nose to the hood.

I'm not sure where the front side markers are.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 09:59:12 am »
Hate the wheels totally, Rear Qtrs. look like a 72 Satelite, Maybe round out the rear wheel Opening, Looks like a place for a Mirror on the Door . Kinda Like it Kinda Not.

Obviously, at least one person liked it.  My kids built a solarzpowered car with wheels that looked like that.

No denying, a lot of work went into this car.  The owner of this car probably would have complaints about mine.  That having been said, that car wouldn't be legal to drive here.  If parked on public property, it would be ticketed daily, then impounded after 3 days.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 10:09:22 am »
Here is a picture of the PISA Artero, impeccably built by one of our former members.  It's on display with other member's Fieros in the 2008 Atlanta World of Wheels.  This car later became the poster child for PISA.  Fully finished out as a Lamborghini and powered by a Cadillac 4.9. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 10:14:32 am »
The car for sale has no side mirrors, and only a tiny rear window opening. I'd be afraid to drive it.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 10:15:14 am »
Nice car.  It would line up nicely with a muscle car of that era.  The guy in the Navy hoodie is in the way.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 10:21:05 am »
The car for sale has no side mirrors, and only a tiny rear window opening. I'd be afraid to drive it.

The rear window makes driving difficult.  I'd call it a driving handicap.  When backing up, you basically have to open the door, and sortof stand up and look behind you.

No driver's side mirror is illegal, here.

Fieros have huge blind spots.  Actually, Camaros, Firebirds, etc do, also.  In my Firebird, I used to step on the gas when changine lanes, because, even with the side mirrors, I could only see the B-pillar to my left side.  If you the front of your vehicle was behind my side mirror, but ahead of my rear bumper, I couldn't see you.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 10:27:07 am »
I believe John added a backup camera to his just for that reason.  The rear of the car was unusually high.  I always thought of a scorpion when seeing the car. 

This car doesn't appear to be finished for the reasons of the side markers and mirrors as previously noted. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 10:34:41 am »
...or the fog lights, or the body work.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 10:53:38 am »
The car in the ad looks like an Artero, with a 355 nose (or Euro nose - see 2nd link, below) grafted on.
I can't enlarge the additional pics in the ad for some reason, so it's hard to tell what else they may have changed.
I like the regular Artero nose, better. I think.
Here's Pisa's page.
http://www.pisafierohq.com/rebody_kits/artero/

The Artero nose is even available as a separate kit, to be grafted on to an otherwise stock Fiero. I like the look.
http://www.pisafierohq.com/body_panels/front_ends/
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 10:57:05 am by Raydar »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 11:11:42 am »
Yes, I had considered the Artero nose for another Fiero, but decided that it looked badly on Fieros in certain colors, like silver.  It looks good with deep red, deep blue, deep green, etc.  Probably looks good with black.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 11:31:39 am »
The engine close-up didn't want to expand, but here are a few other pics.

Rear:

Interior:

Engine bay:

Sorry, Fierofool, I was posting from my tablet, and resizing is difficult from the tablet.  I hadn't gotten to it yet.  I resized these.

I originally had the full link, but it made the page waaaaaaaaay too wide, so I shortened that.  When I checked without being logged on, I could still access that link to ebay.  What am I missing?