Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 1998 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible - $3450 (Winder)  (Read 13860 times)

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
1998 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible - $3450 (Winder)
« on: January 07, 2019, 06:54:06 pm »
Yes, I know a Sunfire is not a Fiero.  However, I owned a 1996 Sunfire convertible 5-speed with the same engine as this one and loved it for 15 years.  0-60 as fast as a manual '88 GT.  Putting the power top down after a lousy day at work was like being baptized in the sun.  Just made everything feel better.

I've chatted with the owner, he's a Pontiac guy -- has even owned Fieros, and if I had room this convertible would be in my garage.   

Here goes:
1998 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible - $3450 (Winder)

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/d/bethlehem-1998-pontiac-sunfire/6788639055.html

1998 Pontiac Sunfire Se convertible. Red, black top, grey velour, pw, pl, p mirrors, p trunk, p top, tilt, cruise, delay wipers, traction control, ABS, keyless entry and factory alarm. 2.4 liter twin cam, 4 speed auto. Cd player, radio controls in steering wheel. Leather wheel, shifter and parking brake handle. 60,500 original miles. Exceptional condition. Obviously garaged its entire life. Zero rust. The original paint looks fantastic. The body has some parking lot or garage dings, but exceptionally nice for a 20 year old car. The interior is almost perfect. The top is in great shape and recently had the rear window replaced. Last week I replaced all of the top weatherdtripping. It has had a new alternator recently. It has a fresh oil change and new trans. fluid and filter. This car also comes with the super rare parade boot pieces that are still in their plastic bag. These cars are getting very hard to find in any condition, but a low mileage one is extremely rare. This car runs and drives great and averages about 26 mpg.
I'm asking 3450 but I'm negotiable. Come look at it and feel free to make an offer. Do not text or email. I will not respond. Pick up the phone and call me. I enjoy good conversation.

The pictures are great too.
Can you say,  "Cream Puff"?

Here's more info: http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/pontiac/97sun/97sun.html

« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 07:19:17 pm by pgackerman »
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: 1998 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible - $3450 (Winder)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 08:49:24 pm »
I know the guy.  I've talked with him before when he had the Fiero.  Name is Bill.  Couldn't get him interested in the club.  I think he's the guy that bought the 87 Med. Red Metallic SE that we had listed on The Market for a while.  That car had been brought down from up north but had been well preserved.  After it was sold to a guy in Bethlehem, it disappeared.  That Sunfire sure is clean, though
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 08:55:40 pm by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers