Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Stripper party!  (Read 19559 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Stripper party!
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2019, 09:51:51 pm »
So...?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2019, 10:09:08 pm »
I've been having problems with my back.  Got ready this morning, got my pain pills and made it about a mile from home and was hurting so badly that I had to come back home.  I've been in the recliner all day. 

Scott sent a couple of pictures before he went to bed.  We'll talk tomorrow afternoon and if he sends more pictures, I'll get them up on the board.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2019, 10:12:10 pm »
I was worried that your back was on a different program when I saw you online.  Get well soon
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 07:42:46 am by GTRS Fiero »

scottb

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2019, 12:18:06 pm »
I need to thank Mike and Steve for coming up to my shop yesterday. We got most of the body removed and a few other parts, including the cruise control system. Charlie might need a bigger truck to haul everything that I dont need. Hopefully I can get the rest stripped down in a week or two. I did send Charlie a couple of pictures, and I think Mike took some.

Thanks, Scott

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2019, 12:51:03 pm »
Happy to do what I could. (As I told Mike, I just went after the "easy stuff". You and he did the real work. Especially that door.)
The sawzall trick worked well, on that one stud in the body clip. Wish I would have had one handy when I swapped mine.

Charlie, I hope your back feels better soon. People who have never had back pain don't realize how $!$#@% bad it hurts. Goes right through ya'.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2019, 06:40:13 pm »
Thanks Steve.  I've been confined to bed or recliner all weekend.  The kids brought dinner to me, tonight.  Going to give it another couple of days of inactivity and if not better then I'll see a doctor. 

As for all the parts, Scott, I'll just take them down and put them in the parts barn if that's OK with Pat. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2019, 07:45:02 pm »
As for all the parts, Scott, I'll just take them down and put them in the parts barn if that's OK with Pat.

That will be OK. A little warning for the future, though. Some day I'm gong to retire, sell this house, and move to my brother's 10 acres in Texas. The parts will have to find another home then.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2019, 09:38:45 pm »

That will be OK. A little warning for the future, though. Some day I'm gong to retire, sell this house, and move to my brother's 10 acres in Texas. The parts will have to find another home then.

Perhaps, by then, we'll be moved to the farm. I have plans...

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2019, 09:42:03 pm »
You are moving to a farm?  Or is this humor?

NoMad

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2019, 11:19:09 am »
As soon as my home in Alaska sells I am working on a permanent place here in the greater Atlanta area. I plan to put up at least one pole barn so I am pretty sure some space can be made.... 

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2019, 02:31:59 pm »
If that's your plans, be sure to check with the Planning and Zoning Department of your locale before purchasing to see if it's allowed on that property.  I have and do serve on various zoning boards, and we often have requests for things that the real estate agent or seller told the buyer they could do, then after the sale, found that they were prohibited.  Two residents of my subdivision were told by the same agent that they could have a goat at one home and the other could have a cow in their back yards. 

NoMad

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2019, 04:49:48 pm »
Wow, I guess I have been on Alaska too long. Putting up a pole barn as a shop on your property was a given as okay. Not even a permit needed....

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2019, 05:30:04 pm »
EPD laws require any property that's on a septic system to obtain a Septic Approval Permit to locate anything covering more than 32 square feet of the ground.  That could include a patio, porch, or even a child's fortress playset.

The location has to be approved to assure it's not over any part of the septic system and that it's not in the designated repair field.  Usually that permit is about $10.  Then you must get building permits from the government authority (city or unincorporated county) that you live in.  To build without permits usually entails a citation and court, doubling permit fees, and or removal of the structure or modifications to a structure.

I watch Last of The Wild Frontier, The Kilchners, and Alaska State Troopers and see what kind of garbage accumulates around some of the properties in Alaska.  These regulations are designed to prevent that, though some of the counties east and northeast of me don't seem to care.  I've seen someone living in a slide in camper sitting on concrete blocks in the county where Kay lives.  Looked like the woods around them was their garbage dump. 

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2019, 05:51:37 pm »
You are moving to a farm?  Or is this humor?

Planning to at some point. My wife trains stock/herding dogs. She needs livestock (probably sheep) to use. Livestock needs a barn.
She'll have the barn. I'll have a shop. (She'll have room in the shop for her jewelry business, too, since it will not involve livestock, and won't require that much room.)
At least that's the plan.
It's a lot more involved, and "iffy" than we make it sound, but at least there is a plan. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2019, 07:08:15 pm »
Well, good for you both.

I used to have a dog I trained.  He used to win every show he entered.  At 35 pounds, I'm now being told my dog was too small to herd cattle, jump over 6-foot fences, and jump off the barn roof, but that dog went where I went.   He kept me safe from whatever animals--including the 2,000-pound bull.  I only trained that one dog, though.  Obedience training, mostly.  He would heel on either side, on command, without a leash.  In the shows, you're supposed to have the dog heel on the left side, and you aren't supposed to walk around the dog in turns.  Forget that.  No issue with heeling the dog on the left, but I walk where I want, and the dog should move out of the way.  Since the dog never made contact with my person, and I did not deviate from my path to accommodate the dog, the judges were unable to deduct points.  The only point that was deducted was at the first show, because the dog slouched when sitting.  Just once, but it cost 1 point.  The last show we entered was mostly police and fire department dogs, back in 1996 or so.